GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 287,619
Threads: 113,702
Welcome to our newest member, sccccbaby

Old 03-26-2017, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma allow members of NPC/NIC/NPHC groups to joint. There have been many KDs from my chapter who belonged to one or the other of these 2 groups.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Found something interesting this morning in terms of mutual non-membership among Professional Fraternities.

At least as of 2001, Theta Tau Professional Engineering Fraternity had the following on its "Competitive List", which means that dual membership is not allowed:
Alpha Chi Sigma (chemistry)
Alpha Omega Epsilon (engineering sorority)
Alpha Rho Chi (architecture)
Kappa Eta Kappa (electrical engineering)
Phi Sigma Rho (engineering sorority)
Scarab (architecture)
Sigma Beta Epsilon (engineering sorority)
Sigma Phi Delta (general engineering)
Sigma Rho (mining, geology, metallurgy)
Triangle (general engineering, science, & architecture)
Old 05-01-2017, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Alpha Iota has membership exclusivity policies with three other fraternities only: Delta Omicron, Mu Phi Epsilon, and Phi Beta. If you're a woman and a member of a sorority/fraternity other than one of those three, we welcome you with open arms. Our current National President is a sister of an NPC organization, as is at least one of our Regional Officers. One of the sisters in my collegiate chapter is also a Delta, as are some of the sisters from other chapters in our province/state. And, of course, I have sisters in SAI who are also sisters and brothers of Tau Beta Sigma and Kappa Kappa Psi.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
Sigma Alpha Iota has membership exclusivity policies with three other fraternities only: Delta Omicron, Mu Phi Epsilon, and Phi Beta. If you're a woman and a member of a sorority/fraternity other than one of those three, we welcome you with open arms. Our current National President is a sister of an NPC organization, as is at least one of our Regional Officers. One of the sisters in my collegiate chapter is also a Delta, as are some of the sisters from other chapters in our province/state. And, of course, I have sisters in SAI who are also sisters and brothers of Tau Beta Sigma and Kappa Kappa Psi.
I'd love to see the membership exclusivity diagram among the National Interfraternity Music Council...
Old 05-02-2017, 04:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
I'd love to see the membership exclusivity diagram among the National Interfraternity Music Council...
As far as I can tell, its something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/gKzlMVu.jpg

TBS/KKPsi elaboration - If you were initiated into TBS and you transfer to a school that doesn't have TBS but does have KKPsi, you can't be an Active Member but you can be an Associate member. It also works if you were Active KKPsi and transfer to a school that only has TBS.
* Sources: (TBS/KKPsi)

Old 05-02-2017, 07:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I know that Business Fraternities (for example Delta Sigma Pi) have many members who are also initiated into NIC/NPC chapters. Seems very common.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
As far as I can tell, its something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/gKzlMVu.jpg

TBS/KKPsi elaboration - If you were initiated into TBS and you transfer to a school that doesn't have TBS but does have KKPsi, you can't be an Active Member but you can be an Associate member. It also works if you were Active KKPsi and transfer to a school that only has TBS.
* Sources: (TBS/KKPsi)
So to boil it down, you can be Initiated as a student into *one* of ΚΚΨ/ΤΒΣ and *one* of the other five (with a few special cases).