GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,253
0 members and 2,253 guests
No Members online

Old 03-05-2000, 01:32 AM

Post Sorority Joke

About one year ago, my sisters and I received an email by the name of "Black Pants", a satirical story about a "typical" sorority girl. We are in desperate need to track down this chain email as a gag gift for a wedding for one of our sisters who almost fit the girl in the joke to a tee. (Scary, we know!) It would be a great addition to her bachelorette party, and a hysterical surprise. If this story/joke is anywhere out there in circulation, please email me! Thanks!
Old 03-23-2000, 05:26 PM
x98bellovary@wmich.edu

Smile

I also am interested in receiving a copy. To anyone who might have it pleassend me a copy. thank you.
Old 03-24-2000, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I dated this guy who went WVU who said that every girl you see "out" wearing black pants--you know, the ones that are kinda tight but are boot cut and they go great with tank tops-- was in a sorority. That's how they could tell who was in a sorority and who wasn't. They call them sorority pants at WVU. Just thought I'd add that because I thought it was funny.

------------------
"I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

--Julia Roberts
(Steel Magnolias)
Old 06-12-2000, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

We call them "sorority slut pants" here at OU.
Old 06-12-2000, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Hey, another OU greek, nice to see you OUpinklady.

Actually, I think story may have originated from an editorial written for the OU student newspaper, the Oklahoma Daily. But I can't for the life of me remember if it was one of the Daily staff who wrote it, or if it was a featured editorial written by someone at another U.
Old 06-12-2000, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
OK! Someone please post the joke for those of us who have never heard it before.

ZetaAce
Old 06-12-2000, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Girl, you are making me feel so good today! Glad to see I'm not to only one who is lost regarding this and other posts. ;-)

Seems like the running theme for today is: Each one, teach one!

Quote:
Originally posted by ZetaAce:
OK! Someone please post the joke for those of us who have never heard it before.

ZetaAce

------------------
Kelli
12-DN-94
SSU c/o 1997
Old 06-12-2000, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
12dn94dst- Girl! They have got me learning today! Now I am extremely curious about this joke, especially because I think everyone and their mother has a pair of those black boot cuts pants from Lerner!

ZetaAce
Old 06-12-2000, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I SO want to hear this! I have never heard of them being referred to as "sorority pants", but I remember in that Rolling Stone article about sororities, they referred to them as "hot-bod sex pants". Oh...they look GREAT with pastel tank tops!

[This message has been edited by AlphaChiGirl (edited January 12, 2001).]
Old 06-21-2000, 09:19 AM
dubyuhnell_theta

Exclamation

k, i got this around christmas 1999.

I am a sorority bitch. My daddy is a Lawyer
and my mommy stays home and goes shopping to keep me up on the latest fashions since I am
nearly 20 minutes from the mall here at college. I have highlights in my fashionably short hair and
my skin is always bronzed despite the three feet of snow outside. Good thing I have a Jeep Grand
Cherokee or I'd never make it through the elements! I wear diamond studs in my ears and enough
silver jewelry to blind oncoming traffic. I have a frat-boy boyfriend. My frat boy boyfriend and I
met freshmen year at the rec center. I spend a lot of my free time at the rec center. I realized after
I gained the freshman 15 that working out has got to be my number one priority if I am going to
make it through college and still fit into a BeBe dress at graduation. I work out at least once a day
and go to the rec when it is the most crowded, that way I am guaranteed to see people and be
seen. I love
sports bras. I love the way they look with my Adidas running shoes (You know the frat boy gray
ones) and my patagonia shorts. Sometimes when I'm feeling fat I'll wear my Derby days t-shirt
instead, or something that has my Greek letters plastered on it somewhere. I am very motivated,
or at least pretend to be. I carry a coach planner and you'll notice that all major social events are
highlighted in pink marker. That way I'll have plenty of time to figure out what I am wearing for
our date party on Friday. I often complain about how busy I am, how stressed out school makes
me, etc...But only because all my friends and my frat-boy boyfriend and his friends do too. I go
out every night. Last night I stayed in though because all my black bootleg pants are at the dry
cleaner and I chipped a nail which put me in a wretched mood. All my friends told me this
morning that last night was pretty "RANDOM" anyway. Today it is 65 degrees! Time to shed the
patagonia pullover and the North Face Jacket! I shower and do my hair every morning before I
go to class. I have enough MAC makeup to open my own store. I call Banana Republic
"B-REPS" and buy my black pants at "BeBe". I wear bootleg >everything. Somedays I try to
look like a frat-boy and wear my bootleg >khaki's with my boyfriend's
****S baseball hat. I use words like "sweetheart" and "baby" often as ways of showing my
affection for others. Daddy pays for all my credit card bills. Last night daddy called and was angry
that I went over my limit. I tried to explain I was having a bad day and I really needed that new
cardigan, but he just wouldn't listen. Sometimes he's so insensitive. I love sex. If I say I don't I am
lying. If I go to a late night party, I have intentions of hooking up.If I cry, it is my first time. If I
scream, I am being dramatic. If I talk about sex, I am a tease, If I don't I am a closet whore. My
frat boy boyfriend and I dont have sex. We make love. HE says there is a big difference. Well,
enough boring details of my life... I am running fashionably late so I'd better cut this short! I'm
off to meet my sorority bitch friends for coffee to gossip about our frat boy boyfriends and talk
about how much we hate the girls in other sororities. Oh shoot, has anyone seen my pea coat!
Gotta go now, talk to you soon "HONEY"!
Old 06-21-2000, 06:44 PM

Wink

I'm so glad somebody had a copy. Mine got deleted.

It's kind of scary how much of this thing holds true at my school. Especially those damn Jeeps and peacoats.