GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,095
1 members and 1,094 guests
No Members online

Old 10-05-2015, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

This past weekend, Kappa Sigma installed/chartered its Tau-Rho Chapter at Ithaca College.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Is Ithaca going to recognize social GLOs?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
The Purdue Kappa Delta FB page does say 120 but I didn't count heads. KD Mafia, do you know if we have plans for a House anytime soon? I have only been directly involved with one Kappa Delta colonization (Texas A&M) and we had the groundbreaking for the House the same week-end as the Initiation and Installation Banquet.
FB says 120 and the photo looks like it's that many. Really cute girls and a great pic. Looks like they had a great colonization. I don't think Purdue is quite as landlocked as some other places. I hope a house is in the works soon.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:58 PM

AOII broke ground on their new house at Purdue this weekend. I heard it is not close to the rest of the Greek houses. I think I remember hearing KD will be building near AOII, but I might be hallucinating.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
AOII broke ground on their new house at Purdue this weekend. I heard it is not close to the rest of the Greek houses. I think I remember hearing KD will be building near AOII, but I might be hallucinating.
Housing the two newest Purdue sororities in the same area would make panhellenic sense.

Paging DeltaBetaBaby: How many Purdue sororities are still located in the area where AOII once had their Purdue home?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Housing the two newest Purdue sororities in the same area would make panhellenic sense.

Paging DeltaBetaBaby: How many Purdue sororities are still located in the area where AOII once had their Purdue home?
There are 15 Greek houses in that neck of the woods - 6 NPCs plus the engineering sorority and some fraternities.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post

I'm assuming AOPi used to be in the acres, which is a big cluster of Greek houses, but not necessarily close to anything else.

The new house is going to be a little south of the main campus, but I don't think it's a bad location, just a different one. There aren't really other Greek houses over there, but it's close to Chauncey Hill, which is where the bars/restaurants/shopping are, and not far from the business school and the union.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 10-05-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't seen anything official as yet, but I have been told that Kent State presentations have been postponed until November.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I haven't seen anything official as yet, but I have been told that Kent State presentations have been postponed until November.
I'm on the Extension Committee at Kent State. Presentations aren't postponed. They are taking place 10/13, 10/15 and 10/20.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Just heard that Texas A&M will be voting to begin the extension process on October 14. That's right around the corner.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
KD will be building a house and it will be near AOPis. I was briefly talking to some of the panhellenic members there for the colonization Bid Day and they stated that there are discussions about trying to move the first round of parties to a neutral location due to the fact that houses are going to be more spread apart now and the first round already takes a long time. IT sounds like finding a location where that is possible without having a wide differential in room size and set-up is going to be a challenge however.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDMafia View Post
KD will be building a house and it will be near AOPis. I was briefly talking to some of the panhellenic members there for the colonization Bid Day and they stated that there are discussions about trying to move the first round of parties to a neutral location due to the fact that houses are going to be more spread apart now and the first round already takes a long time. IT sounds like finding a location where that is possible without having a wide differential in room size and set-up is going to be a challenge however.
Yeah, first round moving to the union has been a discussion for a while. I just don't think that the houses are that spread out, compared to similar schools, and it's weird to me that there's so much emphasis on the fact that AOPi will be in a different area, when it's not actually farther from campus. It's a few blocks south of the main quad instead of a few blocks north or a few blocks west, like most of the others. Depending on your major, AOPi might be much closer to your classes than any other house.

I know it can be a challenge for formal rush, but I don't see how it is any different from Illinois or other schools where the houses are just kinda mixed in around campus instead of having a Greek row.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Samford University Extension

The Samford University Panhellenic website posted the dates of presentations by three national extension teams:

Alpha Chi Omega------October 19
Delta Delta Delta------October 26
Kappa Delta----------- October 29

The size of the freshmen classes has increased and more students are interested in Greek life.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

KKG's presentation is today at Wittenberg, per twitter
Old 10-07-2015, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdz5639 View Post
I'm on the Extension Committee at Kent State. Presentations aren't postponed. They are taking place 10/13, 10/15 and 10/20.
You are correct. The person who told me is typically very connected. She emailed me today saying she gave me the wrong info.