GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,828
0 members and 1,828 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2018, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNMmom18 View Post
I truly understand that nothing was promised or assumed from being a legacy. I do not believe in the everybody gets a trophy approach and the process is equally brutal for everyone. I was just simply sharing my families experience. My older daughter graduated 2 yrs ago from IU. She got cut from a house she loved right before preference. I wasn’t looking for anyone to fix the situation. I was just venting in an arena I felt could understand. Thank you to all the ones who sent kind messages and encouragement, I wish all your girls the best moving forward.
PNMmom, we get it. We really do. My own remarks were intended to give useful information regarding the general topic of legacies and invites for all PNMs for those who aren't in NPC sororities or who haven't been involved since college (and boy have things changed since I went through rush, when God was a baby). I don't see that anyone was trying to fix, or give trophies. I don't see that you were whining or even venting. What I saw was this:

When you have children, a piece of your heart goes walking around outside your body for the rest of your life. So it goes that you're (we're all actually) hurting for your (our) children. My Buddhist practice emphasizes compassion and loving kindness and mindfulness. It also places suffering smack dab in the forefront of my life experience. I'd like to skip the suffering. Unfortunately, not an option.

Hoping that your daughter finds a home and a lifetime of membership joys. Hoping that for everyone.

And again, it's Indiana. Glacial pace - but moving. I'll take it. The Grand Canyon took a long time, too.