GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,731
Threads: 115,525
Posts: 2,197,557
Welcome to our newest member, bailesqtivanov6
» Online Users: 1,018
1 members and 1,017 guests
No Members online
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2024, 11:57 PM
K2B K2B is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 4
NPHC Question to the Kappas

Greetings. I have a questions for the Kappas. I attend an HBCU and Iíve been interested in Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity since high school. I am now getting close to ending my junior year of college with no success of becoming a member. I donít know what Iím doing wrong but I got cut my sophomore and junior year. Iím graduating next year and I want the undergrad experience of greek life. If there are any Kappas here, if you could please inform me what you think I might be doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
  #2  
Old 04-11-2024, 12:38 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 6,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2B View Post
Greetings. I have a questions for the Kappas. I attend an HBCU and Iíve been interested in Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity since high school. I am now getting close to ending my junior year of college with no success of becoming a member. I donít know what Iím doing wrong but I got cut my sophomore and junior year. Iím graduating next year and I want the undergrad experience of greek life. If there are any Kappas here, if you could please inform me what you think I might be doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.
I donít know, man. Without knowing you personally, Iíd need to know what you think you might be doing wrong first. Then, maybe I might be able to shed some light on what I think might be happening.
__________________
The world system is in direct opposition to God and His Word ó PrettyBoy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2024, 03:22 PM
K2B K2B is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I donít know, man. Without knowing you personally, Iíd need to know what you think you might be doing wrong first. Then, maybe I might be able to shed some light on what I think might be happening.
I wish I knew. I even have the grades and a higher GPA than what I had my sophomore year. I had a 3.2 my sophomore year and now I have a 3.5. Iím here on a basket basketball scholarship. Each fraternity here has an intramural basketball team to raise money when they play against each other, so I have talent I can bring with me. They know this about me so why I keep getting cut makes me think itís something else that theyíre seeing that Iím not seeing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2024, 04:45 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 6,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2B View Post
I wish I knew. I even have the grades and a higher GPA than what I had my sophomore year. I had a 3.2 my sophomore year and now I have a 3.5. Iím here on a basket basketball scholarship. Each fraternity here has an intramural basketball team to raise money when they play against each other, so I have talent I can bring with me. They know this about me so why I keep getting cut makes me think itís something else that theyíre seeing that Iím not seeing.
Yeah, I donít know, man. Iím sure if I met you, and also met those brothers, while asking them about you, theyíd either have several things to say they donít like about you, or maybe it could be something as simple as not knowing you well enough. I think often times what we all intend to communicate about ourselves and our motives gets obscured and misinterpreted. Because of that, we tend to let others draw their own conclusions without any input from us.

Sounds like either they donít know you or you havenít gotten to know any of them. Either way, itís possible youíve allowed them to draw their own conclusions about you, without any input from you.

Also, keep in mind that being talented is cool, but it doesnít take the place of persistence. Unsuccessful men with talent are pretty common. IMO, persistence and determination alone carry much more weight than anything else, especially when it comes to striving for something you want that you also feel is worth having.

You also play basketball for your own enjoyment. I think thatís great, but the way you should see brotherhood and any kind of bond you share with someone else ó the things you do for yourself no longer exist, when you are nonexistent. But the things you do for others lifelong will become and remain what youíll be remembered for. Try to keep that in mind, too.

Good luck to you. 👍🏽
__________________
The world system is in direct opposition to God and His Word ó PrettyBoy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2024, 08:44 AM
K2B K2B is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Yeah, I donít know, man. Iím sure if I met you, and also met those brothers, while asking them about you, theyíd either have several things to say they donít like about you, or maybe it could be something as simple as not knowing you well enough. I think often times what we all intend to communicate about ourselves and our motives gets obscured and misinterpreted. Because of that, we tend to let others draw their own conclusions without any input from us.

Sounds like either they donít know you or you havenít gotten to know any of them. Either way, itís possible youíve allowed them to draw their own conclusions about you, without any input from you.

Also, keep in mind that being talented is cool, but it doesnít take the place of persistence. Unsuccessful men with talent are pretty common. IMO, persistence and determination alone carry much more weight than anything else, especially when it comes to striving for something you want that you also feel is worth having.

You also play basketball for your own enjoyment. I think thatís great, but the way you should see brotherhood and any kind of bond you share with someone else ó the things you do for yourself no longer exist, when you are nonexistent. But the things you do for others lifelong will become and remain what youíll be remembered for. Try to keep that in mind, too.

Good luck to you. 👍🏽
I wasnít expecting to get a reply here. I figured it was worth a try and I got a reply I wasnít expecting. Much gratitude. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2024, 02:48 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 6,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2B View Post
I wasnít expecting to get a reply here. I figured it was worth a try and I got a reply I wasnít expecting. Much gratitude. Thank you.
All good. 👍🏽
__________________
The world system is in direct opposition to God and His Word ó PrettyBoy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ultimate NPHC Unity Vid Alphas,AKAs,Kappas,Omegas,Deltas,Sigmas,Zetas,SGRh os&iota rawstarr Greek Life 0 03-23-2010 04:26 PM
Question for the Kappas Dionysus Kappa Alpha Psi 3 10-23-2003 10:01 AM
Question for Sigma Kappas lionlove Sigma Kappa 6 07-24-2003 10:23 PM
Hi, Kappas! A question... 33girl Kappa Kappa Gamma 0 01-05-2002 01:35 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.