GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,529
2 members and 1,527 guests
flirt5721

Old 01-11-2017, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Solar System Recruitment

Hi, everyone! I have been lurking here for a couple of months while I waited for my own recruitment. I will be typing up the notes I took during my recruitment, and posting them here for y'all to read. It may take a while for me to type them up, but I will try to be as timely as possible. If you know where I go to school, you can message me, but please don't say it on here. I am so glad I knew about GreekChat going in. You're all so helpful, and recruitment would not have been so easy without you! I will be using planets as my theme, because there are eight of them, and there are eight sororities at my school.
Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Old 01-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Can't wait to hear the details! Sounds like your Recruitment was out of this world!
Old 01-11-2017, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY ONE

Venus- This was my first party of the day. I’m glad my mom warned me about the songs and chants, because these girls were so loud, they made the floor shake. Many other PNMs in my Gamma Chi group looked severely overwhelmed. The songs here, combined with everyone’s go-getter attitude makes me really like this chapter. Conversation here felt a bit forced, but I really like the girls, and I am willing to say any awkwardness came from this being the first party.

Saturn- I talked to two amazing girls here, and everything felt so natural. I was surprised because this was a chapter I hadn’t given much thought to earlier in the year, but I liked them a lot. I could see myself liking it here.

Mars- The girls I talked to here were very quiet. I could barely hear the questions I was being asked. I felt bad, because I was trying to be as polite as possible but I’m not sure if our conversation made any sense. I hope I answered the questions I was actually asked. Their songs were cute and very informative. I’m wondering if these girls are too shy for me, but I would be happy here.

Mercury- These girls were awesome! I talked to about five or six of them. Every time they switched off, the new girl would ask what I had previously been talking about, so I never had to repeat my major, hometown, age, etc. However, I don’t know if I really got to know any of them, because we probably spent two minutes with each girl. Overall, I would love to come back here, but I’m not getting my hopes up, and I will likely list them as one of my ranked chapters.

Uranus- Again, this is a chapter I hadn’t thought much about, but I was very impressed. This was the standout of the day. I talked to about five girls, and said a quick hello to my friend from this chapter. One of the girls here was from my hometown and worked close to a school in my district, so we talked a lot about my hometown. Their songs were incredible. My only concern is how much they value intramurals. (I am the least sporty person I know.) But I could be the best team mom ever.

Neptune- I LOVE this chapter. Everything they do is so polished and beautiful. When I walked through the tunnel at this group, my middle school friend jumped out of line and accompanied me and my assigned sister to the talking area. When they sang their songs, the floor bounced up and down, because they were all so peppy. I only talked to one sister here, but I think our conversations went well. On my way out, a bunch of girls called my name and waved at me. I’m not sure if this is a realistic place for me, but I like it here a lot.

Jupiter- Up until today, I thought I could never be a Jupiter. They seemed like a whole other league, far above where I was. But for some reason, I got great vibes today. I won’t be torn up if I’m not invited back. However, I think this chapter was great over all.

Earth- This was a good party. However, the thing that stuck out the most to me was how many actives there were. It seemed like there were a good two actives for each PNM. I liked their medley the best. I had some good conversations here.

After that, I had a thirty-minute break, and then a whole two hours in the holding area before I was able to vote. I knew I had some tough decisions to make, but I ultimately realized that if I liked a chapter, then why not put it on my top 6? The worst thing that could happen is not getting called back to them, and then my 7th or 8th choice gets another chance. Choosing number seven was difficult because I had liked Mercury all semester, but the party was lackluster to me. And then there was Jupiter. My plan going in to recruitment was to just accept that I wouldn’t be one of them, and that it was okay to rank them last, but I figured if I like the this time, I might as well list them in my top six. Here was what I decided.

UNRANKED
Venus
Earth
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune

RANKED
1. Mercury
2. Mars

Last edited by GirlinSpace; 01-11-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

DAY 2- PHILANTHROPY DAY (UP TO SIX PARTIES)

As we waited in the auditorium, I’ll admit I felt nervous. I was so worried that no one would invite me back, but those fears were irrational. When I was handed my invitation, it read:

Venus Earth Saturn
Uranus Mars

I was very pleased with my results. Almost no one had a full schedule. I was invited back to all the chapters I felt a genuine connection to, and I was happy to go back Mars . I was honestly glad that I’d been dropped from Jupiter and Mercury, because I was so wishy-washy about them yesterday.

Mars- This chapter was better today. I was paired with girls I could actually hear, and the conversations were more in depth. I like their philanthropy, and the video was very good. In fact, if I had conversations this great yesterday, I would have listed them in my top 6, so I am glad to be back. I love how much these girls love each other, and I would totally want to be a part of their sisterhood.

Saturn- During the philanthropy video, girls would run around the room and jump up and down. There was a lot of screaming and giggling and just genuine fun. The video was very touching and almost made me cry. I feel like this chapter will cut me. I don’t know why, but I just get the feeling.

Uranus- This chapter was great! I loved every girl that I talked to, and I was paired with a girl who knew my friend. We talked about some deeper things that related to their philanthropy. I can tell these girls really do care about their cause. Some PNMs were being double rushed, but luckily, I got my own active. I had a really good time here.

Earth- This room was gorgeous. They suspended their decorations from the ceiling on fishing wire, so they appeared to be floating. The video was awesome, as expected. I love this philanthropy, because it’s not something I usually think about. And that just made me realize how important it is. The girls were very passionate, and it’s clear they love each other a lot. During the video, they cheered each other on, which I thought was really sweet. It’s clear they have a strong sisterhood.

Venus- These girls are amazing. They have great grades, a strong sisterhood, and they are extremely in to their philanthropy. This video made me cry. It was so sweet and powerful, and I want to be a part of the difference these girls are making. I love it here.

This time, the decision was easier. I had a feeling Mars would show up on my list again, and I will be more than happy to get to know them a little better. However, I can’t pick between the other four, so I will be listing them as my top choices, knowing that some will probably cut me.

UNRANKED
Venus
Earth
Saturn
Uranus
RANKED
1. Mars
Old 01-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like you're sailing through with flying colors!
Old 01-12-2017, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I love your great attitude. What a difference an open mind and heart make to the process! Can't wait to hear more. And I am one of those people who NEVER figure out the school....
Old 01-12-2017, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 3- SISTERHOOD DAY (UP TO 4 PARTIES)

I woke up today and my weather app said the temperature was 21 degrees. Thankfully, there was no snow, but I am not used to the cold, so I was not looking forward to all that walking. This was a day of harsh cuts. I received only two invites back, but I was totally happy, because in the end, you only need one invite. I was very excited to visit Uranus and Mars, because ultimately these girls saw something in me that they loved, and it is so much better to be with girls who love me for me.

Uranus-I really liked these girls. We talked about how much we love our younger sisters and talked about the big/little program. One of my conversations was kind of cyclical which made me think the girl wasn’t really paying attention, so I wasn't sure if I'd be invited back.

Mars- These girls love each other so much. We talked about sisterhood instead of events, which was cool. Every girl I even kind of knew in this chapter made a point to say hi to me which made me feel really happy. I felt like I could be my klutzy self here.

I didn’t have the option to rank today and that’s good, because I am terrible at making choices, if I hadn't made that clear already.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlinSpace View Post
I am terrible at making choices, if I hadn't made that clear already.
You are open-minded and wise, and that is what counts.

Can't wait to read the rest of your story!
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 01-12-2017, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 4- PREFERENCE ROUND (UP TO 2 PARTIES)

I opened my slip, and it read only Mars. I knew that the girls at Mars had to really like me, or else I would have been released from recruitment. I was ready to attend their party with a big smile and find my home there.

As I stood in line outside the room, I looked at the girls in front of and after me. Some were worried, some were crying, but I was content. Some of these girls would be my sisters the next day!

At the door, I was greeted by a new girl. She told me she’d been excited to meet me all week, and that her sisters had been raving about me. We sat down in chairs and whispered until everyone else was seated. The actives stood around the room in dresses the color of their flower. Coincidentally, we matched. It was a beautiful ceremony.

After the ceremony, I talked to my girl. She told me that it was very intentional that I was there, and that I should follow my heart, but they would love to have me.

The next girl I talked to started crying, because she was so happy I was back. As I talked to her about their amazing sisterhood, I started to cry as well, because I knew I was home.

After the party, I talked with a couple of my friends as we were in line to vote. We had deduced that one of our recruitment counselors was a Mars! And my close dorm friends would soon be one too!

BID DAY

When we waited outside for bid day, I was not nervous. The rest of the girls were shaking with anticipation. I had survived over 24 hours without receiving THE CALL. Which meant I was in. When my friends and I tore open our cards and ran to meet our new sisters, I was happy to belong with Mars!!

Also known as...

ALPHA DELTA PI!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Congratulations! I just had a feeling it would be Mars! : )
Old 01-13-2017, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and enjoy your time with your new sisters.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome to the First and Finest, GirlinSpace! May you always feel the love of your ADPi Sisters, may you always love Alpha Delta Pi!
Old 01-13-2017, 08:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Honeychile, I knew you would be excited! I love my sisters and wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Hurray for ADPi and GirlinSpace. So glad you found your home!