GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,226
0 members and 1,226 guests
No Members online

Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Found AGD items?

Hi there! Not sure if this is the right place to put it or how to even go about this, so here goes!

My mother in law is moving into an assisted senior living home soon and we are cleaning out her current house. We found some AGD items (beautiful sorority paddle, small jewelry box) and I would love to donate them / give them to someone else in AGD. Unfortunately, she just does not have space for these items.

As an ADPi alumna, I would not want my sorority items thrown away or donated to the thrift store. I would love to keep them, but we just don't have the space either.

She was part of Alpha Nu, at Kent State University in Ohio (inactive chapter) in the late 60s.

Any ideas on what I should do with these items? Greatly appreciated!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardedbystars View Post
Hi there! Not sure if this is the right place to put it or how to even go about this, so here goes!

My mother in law is moving into an assisted senior living home soon and we are cleaning out her current house. We found some AGD items (beautiful sorority paddle, small jewelry box) and I would love to donate them / give them to someone else in AGD. Unfortunately, she just does not have space for these items.

As an ADPi alumna, I would not want my sorority items thrown away or donated to the thrift store. I would love to keep them, but we just don't have the space either.

She was part of Alpha Nu, at Kent State University in Ohio (inactive chapter) in the late 60s.

Any ideas on what I should do with these items? Greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your thoughtfulness! You could send them to International Headquarters (8710 N Meridian St Indianapolis, IN 46260) to be placed in the archives.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome!!!

Such thoughtfulness!

Happy my niece is an ADPi alumna, too!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDAlum View Post
Thank you for your thoughtfulness! You could send them to International Headquarters (8710 N Meridian St Indianapolis, IN 46260) to be placed in the archives.
You might want to call the HQ first and see if they want you to send all of the items or just some of the things. For instance, it's possible they don't accept paddles. Just a thought before you go to the trouble and expense of shipping everything.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDAlum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
You might want to call the HQ first and see if they want you to send all of the items or just some of the things. For instance, it's possible they don't accept paddles. Just a thought before you go to the trouble and expense of shipping everything.
Thank you AGDAlum for the idea! I will give them a call this week! Thanks too, NutBrnHair - I will call to see if they want the items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
Awesome!!!

Such thoughtfulness!

Happy my niece is an ADPi alumna, too!