GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,025
1 members and 1,024 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 09-19-2017, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

You would be correct - esp in one case I recall! Now the House Directors- could write a book about how to get them out.....
Old 09-19-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
I'm curious, since we've veered into a discussion I haven't seen before-what happens if a new member for either a fraternity or sorority moves in and then drops during the new member period, or is removed from the chapter?
Back in my day at MIT, if a freshman fraternity or ILG pledge depledged or deaffiliated, whether by their choice or the GLO's choice, the housing office would immediately find him/her a spot in the dorms. It might be a bed squeezed into a quad-turned-quint in the crappiest dorm on campus, but it was a bed. I can't recall any incidents where a freshman whose GLO made him depledge didn't go quietly into the dorms - why would you want to live in the house of a GLO that didn't want you there? Nowadays, all freshmen must live in the dorms, so it's a non-issue.

I'm honestly not sure what happens if a sophomore, junior, or senior depledges or deaffiliates. I think the housing office tries to find a spot but it's not guaranteed. Certainly a senior who deaffiliates shouldn't expect to be placed in a nice big single in the dorms - someone in that situation would probably go for an off-campus apartment (assuming they can find, and afford, one - housing in Boston/Cambridge ain't cheap).
Old 09-19-2017, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
I'm curious, since we've veered into a discussion I haven't seen before-what happens if a new member for either a fraternity or sorority moves in and then drops during the new member period, or is removed from the chapter?
In our housing contracts they can stay in the house until the end of the semester. Usually, though, they move out as soon as they find somewhere.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Since this has veered so far off topic, I have to wonder if housing contracts are as binding as other BINDING AGREEMENTS an individual might sign.