GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,142
3 members and 2,139 guests
No Members online

Old 05-30-2020, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you everyone who has answered my feed. I had one last question is anyone would be so kind to answer it. I have always wanted to join a sorority but sometimes I worry because of my weight problems. Do sororities use that against you as an upperclassmen? Also, is what I have done over the past year enough to change my application from last year? I know what I do want to rush again but im debating if I should do it this year or next because I know that Juniors and Seniors are not a part of the number of girls that they take.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-30-2020, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

If you are a sophomore in standing, then you are considered by PH to be an upperclassman. If your school has a separate upper class quota, then you would be in that demographic. Yes, your application should focus more heavily on what you've done this year and Jr and Sr years in HS. I wouldn't go back as far as the one last year would have. And, while we believe that appearance (outside of being clean and dressed appropriately!) should be taken into consideration, no one here knows what the women on your campus might do. I would pray my group would do the right thing.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I would rush this year because even though you qualify as an upperclassman, it's much harder to get a bid as a junior and really hard as a senior....as mentioned earlier, sororities want members for as many years as possible so rushing as a sophomore gives you that best shot.

I wish you good luck and hope you will come back and update us!

Last edited by NYCMS; 05-30-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Since you are a seasoned college woman, you will rely on your accomplishments in college, rather than your HS accomplishments. I would certainly include your HS accomplishments on your resume, but the meat of it should be college.

Sororities are not going to boot someone out who gains weight after she joins. However, you have worked hard and continue to do so to improve your health, and I am sure that you will continue to do so-not because you want to join a sorority, but because you want to have a healthy life, so you have nothing to worry about. I have known girls who were overweight that have had their pick of rush invitations. They inevitably had a great sense of self, were friendly, good conversationalists, and dressed to flatter their body type.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not sure if Sophomores are considered Upperclassmen for rush at my school but it does make sense that that would be the case. When I was going through rush I did not meet many Sophomores let alone Junior or Seniors, so I believe that would make sense. Thank you for everyone who has responded to my thread, it truly means a lot to me that you would take the time to answer my questions. I would love to hear any advice that anyone is willing to share, I am writing everything you say down in my rush book. My Rush book is a diary type thing that I started last rush to keep track of each sorority and some tips that i found after the fact. I am going to read it before going in again so that I feel like I am ready to take the challenge on.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I will also post my full rush story no matter what the outcome is, when I went through the first time looking at threads with this similar question I found that not many of them had the results. So I will make sure to include them for Future PNMs and everyone who has taken the time to help me on my journey to hopefully find my forever home.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Oh please do. We will all be pulling for you!