GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,243
2 members and 1,241 guests
PGD-GRAD, Titchou

Old 09-03-2004, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

How did recruitment go in Texas?

Hi,
Does anyone know the KD fall recruitment results at Texas schools?

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2004, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
How about how is it going everywhere!? We're 1 week away from starting it here!! I can't wait!!
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Jealous!

I'm definitely jealous of everyone starting rush soon! We have deferred rush here so we don't have formal rush until January. Spirit Week begins for us on September 13th and we don't even start classes until the 22nd.

I'm sure everyone will have a fabulous recruitment and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 09-10-2004, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kd127 Send a message via Yahoo to kd127
My Gamma Upsilon girls at Texas A&M-Commerce did wonderfully! Of course, they met quota (which was 7....yes, seven....i know...pretty small) and one more! They have 8 lovely ladies joining our circle, and from what I gather, they're the best of the bunch that went through recruitment! I'm an almunae, and haven't personally met them, but I've heard nothing but wonderful things! Good luck to the other chapters out there! AOT!
Old 09-10-2004, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I heard that recruitment for Texas A&M was up 20%! I have no idea about UT or Texas Tech, but Baylor's currently gearing up for Spring Recruitment.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Butterfly, Do you mean that recruitment for KD at TAMU was up 20%, or recruitment at TAMU in general? The reason I ask is a very good friend went thru rush at TAMU this fall. Her Gamma Rho, or Gamma Chi, (or whatever the person who takes them around to the houses is called) told my friend that they had the smallest group this time (<700) but the most number to drop out during the week.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

What I was told was that the KD's there were up 20%. I'm not sure about KD having a smaller number since their numbers at that chapter have been consistently going up. But then again, I'm not sure since I'm not there. Are there any TAMU KD's that could clarify this?

Last edited by Butterfly141; 09-21-2004 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't mean that KD in particular had a smaller number than in the past...just the total number of PNMs that went thru the recruitment process at TAMU were fewer than in the past, and the total number who decided to drop out before pref night was larger. Even this info may be incorrect...that's just what a friend who rushed told me. I don't know anything about the KD's specifically. I hope your info about KD's being up 20% at TAMU is correct!! I think quota was 52 at TAMU.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I know that UT, A&M-College Station, and Tech all had an absolutely fab recruitment! Alane Hall (our CPP) said that A&M got their entire first bid list!!!! I can get all of their exact stats Jan 2 when we (Baylor) go back for formal recruitment, which, might I say, is going to kick some major butt
Old 12-06-2004, 03:10 PM
ADPiZXalum

Quote:
Originally posted by tabikat
I know that UT, A&M-College Station, and Tech all had an absolutely fab recruitment! Alane Hall (our CPP) said that A&M got their entire first bid list!!!! I can get all of their exact stats Jan 2 when we (Baylor) go back for formal recruitment, which, might I say, is going to kick some major butt
Sorry to crash girls, but tabikat, you go to Baylor? I just graduated from there in 2003. I can't wait to hear how recruitment goes. Good luck to yall!
Old 02-12-2005, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

UT KD

My cousin goes to UT and she said panhellenic just raised total to 157. So now like six groups (her chapter and KD too, she's not a KD) are under total and they are all taking spring new members. But she said that they had like way more people to pick up than we do there!
Old 01-30-2006, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I'm a junior at Texas A&M, and yes we did have an amazing recruitment. Our return rates actually went up about 18% last fall in 2004, and went up just a little more this year. I think Panhellenic quota was 49 or 50 this year? I'm not too sure. I don't think the number of girls actually rushing have gone down, but our release system allows sororities to cut more girls earlier in the week instead of keeping them til pref night and then having them get cross cut. That's probably why it seems that more girls are dropping out...they just get cut earlier. I think they're still working on a better system though.