GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,766
1 members and 2,765 guests
zaashleyshlzeo9

Old 11-03-2001, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Talking

Okay, I introduced my first daughter, ASLFrose, in another thread this year and I now introduce my third daughter, Ballerina, with her favorite Disney rides! Got to get the other high school senior on GC soon too...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-03-2001, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, when I went to Disney World last Christmas some of my favorite rides had changed. I can't say that I have one favorite, so my favorites are the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain(when it's not cold), the Pooh ride(b/c you feel like you're riding in the water and bouncing, etc.), and the Pirates of the Caribbean.
Old 11-03-2001, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Would I be the biggest dork alive if I said that my favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom is the people mover? I love that one!

Anyway, I am totally partial to EPCOT. EPCOT and the Museum of Science and Industry (In Chicago) were my two favorite places as a child. I guess it is no shock that I am now an engineering student.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Welcome Ballerina!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2002, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Have you guys seen the TV ad for Disney World that has the new Aladdin ride? It looks like the Dumbo ride except there are magic carpets on the end of each beam. Looks like fun but I'm sure it'll be as slow-loading as Dumbo.

We get Disney TV ads in Georgia all the time, especially in the winter. Do any of you get them out of the South?
Old 01-20-2002, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I have always loved the Matterhorn, Pirates of the Caribbean (with the adjoining restaurant the Blue Bayou), and the Haunted Mansion. My whole family is crazy about Star Tours too. Actually, I love every ride at Disney!
Old 01-20-2002, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Hands down, my favorite ride is Dumbo. I guess I am still a kid at heart, and remember it being the first ride I went on, the first time I went to Disneyland. Needless to say, now that I live in FL, and frequent Disney World, I drag all of my friends to stand in the 2 hour line full of screaming children. The best time however, was during Grad Night, and a group of 20 of us walked right up and got on, because of course there were no kids in line.
As for my least favorite ride...I refuse to go on the Pirates of the Carribbean, because one time my family got stuck on it, FOR 2 HOURS! We were right by an emergency exit, yet they made us wait until these poor employees had to get in the water and push the boats to a "safer unloading area," which was about 10 feet from where we were. All they did for compensation was give us one pass to get to the head of a line. I was a little peeved, because these friends of ours had complained because Space Mountain was broken down on the day that they went, and their whole family got a pass to get to the head of every line for the whole rest of the day. Oh well, it was better than nothing, but I still can't stand to listen to "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me..." After 2 hours, it got pretty bad!
Old 01-20-2002, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite ride is the Rockin Roller Coaster. By the way, that was my very first roller coaster ever! I almost backed out but im glad i didnt. Its just that from 0-60mph in about 3 seconds is kind of a scary thought. Since i rode Rockin Roller Coaster first, i thought i could handle anything the next day, so i got on space mountain. I HATED that ride. I think i was in the back and i felt like i was about to fly out of the seat! So i didnt feel secure and i hated those unexpected drops! Yeah i know they werent big drops but i didnt like them. It was horrible because i wanted them to stop the ride so bad and couldnt do a thing about, VERY scary!

Another favorite is Big Thunder Mountain, i think thats what its called, its so FUN
Old 01-20-2002, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I love Space Mountain!!! I was a little apprehensive about getting on the ride at the beginning, but I quickly overcame my fears and got on! It was totally awesome!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I need Disney. Some nasty bulldozers just chewed up the golf course and forest behind my house in order to put in some crappy duplexes. Someone tell me--is there anything new this year?
Old 04-16-2002, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome Ballerina

I love Disney, and am about to move to Orlando (someone told me I will be like a mouse in a cheese factory...). Anyway, my favorite was also Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but it is gone. Now I have to say probably Tower of Terror or Speed Track. I haven't ridden Pooh or Alladin yet, but can't wait. I also LOVE Dumbo
Old 04-17-2002, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Yippee!!!

I'm going to Disneyland soon!!! Yayyyy!!!!

I can't wait for Matterhorn Mountain (the best!!), Big Thunder, Dumbo, Autopia, Rockets, etc. etc.!!

Can you tell I'm a total kid at heart?
Old 12-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

ASLFrose is at Disney today, boo on her, and I forgot to ask her to watch out for this:

Does anyone know if when the Aladdin ride was put up, the lame Aladdin emphasis was taken back out of the Tiki Room? That bit with Iago breaking in on the show really sucks.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
my fav disney ride is at MGM....the Rockin Roller Coaster!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

YEAH! I think we're going to Disney World in May! Does anybody know of any new rides or attractions?