GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,457
3 members and 2,454 guests
GammaGirl1908, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb The second NAA t-shirt quilt

Last year during National Convention, the National Alumni Association raffled a hand-made quilt constructed from t-shirts donated by Sigma Alpha chapters and alumni. The proceeds from the NAA fundraisers are set aside each year for the scholarship fund. Because of the success last year, the NAA was able to free up funds to sponsor new competitions at this year’s National Convention (Prepared Public Speaking, Outstanding Scrapbook, and the Sigma Alpha Quiz Bowl) in addition to continuing to sponsor two $500 scholarships and two $150 chapter GPA awards.

The event was so successful, we would like to try it again this year, but we need your help! We ask each collegiate and alumni chapter who would like to be represented on the quilt to donate a spare event t-shirt or a shirt with your university’s logo. Each t-shirt will become a square on the quilt. If you and your chapter would like to participate, please send an email to me at SDLPerkins@hotmail.com to let me know. I will give you my mailing address in a reply. If your chapter wants to participate but has no t-shirt to donate, feel free to email me for other ideas of how you can be represented on the quilt. It’s for a great cause, so PLEASE help out!

Sincerely,
Susan Perkins
NAB Treasurer
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-18-2005, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I wanted to thank the Alpha Pi and Gamma chapters for being the first two chapters to send shirts. If these two are a sign of what's to come, this year's quilt will be even more colorful than last year's! Way to go girls!
Old 04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

So far, I've had 12 chapters agree to donate shirts for the quilt! Thank you so much. I'll post the names of the chapters here as I receive the shirts, so everyone will know I've received them. Although 12 shirts will be a great start for the quilt, we'll need at least twice that many. If you haven't discussed this with your chapter yet, please do so. Both collegiate and alumni chapters are encouraged to participate! And don't forget, if you don't have a spare event shirt, there are other options -- just email me for ideas!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Today, I received shirts from the Beta & Alpha Nu chapters. They're really wonderful, colorful shirts (kelly green and bright yellow)! Thanks girls!

OK, that's 4 -- keep 'em coming!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you to the Iota Chapter and the SFASU Alumni Chapter for donating t-shirts for the quilt! Don't forget, alumni chapters are welcome to participate just as collegiate chapters are! The more shirts, the better the quilt will be!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

More contributions have arrived!! Thanks to the Pi and Upsilon Chapters for donating shirts. That makes a total of 9 shirts (Pi donated TWO -- thank you again, ladies) with quite a few more promised. It's not too late to participate and we'll need quite a few more, so please have your chapter consider helping out.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

We're about half way there! Thank you to the Alpha Psi Chapter at Cornell and the Alpha Omega Chapter at Kansas State for sending shirts. And TWO thank you's to the Alpha Rho Chapter out in Tuscon, AZ for donating TWO shirts! That makes 14 shirts, but last year it took about 26 to complete the quilt. PLEASE keep 'em coming!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Another shirt arrived yesterday. Thanks to the Alpha Chapter at the Ohio State University for their donation. The bright lime green is going to add some "pop" to the quilt!

The National Alumni Board really appreciates the participation of all these chapters listed above!
Old 05-11-2005, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Today, shirts arrived from the Eta and Alpha Xi chapters. Thanks a bunch, ladies! There's still time to contribute, so please consider it.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Today was a great day for getting t-shirts in the mail! I received wonderful contributions from the Alpha Lambda, Alpha Kappa, and the Alpha Chi chapters. Thanks to each chapter for participating, and a special thank you to the ladies at the Alpha Chi chapter for sending TWO shirts!

Thanks to the great responses, I now have 22 shirts! That's enough for me to start organizing my thoughts, but I'm sure I'll need a few more. If your group hasn't donated yet, it's not too late to be included. Don't be left out! It's a blast to see your shirt pieced into a quilt and to be able to tell everyone at convention it was yours.

Thanks again to EVERYONE!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

The list of Thank You's is still growing! Thanks to the Alpha Eta and Theta chapters for contributing t-shirts to the quilt. Both shirts will look great. This is going to be such a bright, colorful quilt! I HOPE I WIN IT!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I was just reading thru my list of chapters above and realized that I've left off TWO! Sorry ladies! I need to thank the Epsilon Chapter from Penn State and the ladies of the Colorado State University Alumni Chapter!
Old 05-24-2005, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

A special thank you to the Alpha Nu chapter for sending me a second t-shirt and the mention of possibly a third! WOW!

I think this year's quilt is going to be much bigger and better than last year's! I've taken a few photos of all the shirts laid out and as soon as I can find a way to post them, I will so everyone can see! This is soooo exciting! I'm gonna be busy sewing this summer.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday, I received a bright yellow rush shirt from the Alpha Gamma chapter at Southern Illinios University. Thanks ladies!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Over the weekend, I received two shirts from the Alpha Beta chapter at Northwest Missouri State. Thank you for your help ladies! The shirts are great colors (purple and green) with super sayings on them!

Last edited by sus; 06-01-2005 at 11:12 AM.