GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,418
3 members and 1,415 guests
PrettyBoy, Xidelt

Old 07-13-2001, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Here are my thoughts on the next steps:

BEFORE we write letters to each National Organization's HQ, we should do the following:

(1) Draft our REASONS for this campaign

(2) Determine the outline of our PLAN

(3) Recruit REPRESENTATIVES from each organization (we're on our way with that one already)

(4) Create some SAMPLES of the types of ads we're proposing.

Once we have these things in order, we will be ready to contact (via letter) each of the organizations HQs. Once we have "backing" from each of the HQs (or from a majority of them, at least), we can proceed to NPC/NIC/NPHC HQs.

So, I am going to start threads for each of these 4 points on the GREEK LIFE forum, in the interest of organization and inclusion.

How does this sound to every one?

------------------
Oh, Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
Nobody knows . . . how
happy I am!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2001, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamAwhile:
Hello!
First off-Kristen-when is your big day? Has it already been?
It hasn't already been.... 3+ months still to go still.... November 3rd. I wish it would get here already!!!

------------------
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
Nobody knows . . . how
happy I am!
Old 07-13-2001, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to FrAtBoY a la Orange
Arrow

Hey i'm from a Canadian chapter of Zeta Psi
in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Please let us know if there's anyway we can support you in your effort to get greeks portrayed in a better light. i can be reached @ fratboyam@hotmail.com. Anything we can do we will and we'll get all our boys involved.

Greek like you,
Duncan
Old 07-13-2001, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I haven't been able to get into the Greek Life Forum all day... I don't know why... It just won't open!

I'll try from my computer at home, and will post what I said I would earlier today! (Please don't think I am a slacker!!!)

------------------
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
Nobody knows . . . how
happy I am!
Old 07-13-2001, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Hey!
Kristen-should we just start to use the Greek Life forum then? It would be the easiest.
Let us know.
Katie
PS...You must be crazy with all of these wedding plans!
Old 07-15-2001, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I am glad to hear everyone is so vocal about the greek life stereotype. I know before I started college I thought I would never join a fraternity, and most of the reason was because of the stereotyping. But I did realize that it isnt true and i feel we need to try to get as many people as possible to realize it also. Something needs to be done. I wil try to keep in touch if you need my help.

------------------
Mike
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Northern Arizona University - SEC
Old 07-16-2001, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Hey,
Im a delta phi epsilon sister from montreal, quebec. Alot of people arent even aware of greek life in Canada and if people are aware they usually believe the negative stereotypes that are commonly associated with them. I happen to be the PR coordinator for my chapter and I would be willing to help out here. I can make you guys a website or some sort of advertisement. I made our website which is www.dphie.ca.cf if anyone wants to check it out. Somebody e-mail about how I can get involved. Sincerely Cara
carabraude@hotmail.com
Old 07-16-2001, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Hey,
Im a delta phi epsilon sister from montreal, quebec. Alot of people arent even aware of greek life in Canada and if people are aware they usually believe the negative stereotypes that are commonly associated with them. I happen to be the PR coordinator for my chapter and I would be willing to help out here. I can make you guys a website or some sort of advertisement. I made our website which is www.dphie.ca.cf if anyone wants to check it out. Somebody e-mail about how I can get involved. Sincerely Cara
carabraude@hotmail.com
Old 07-16-2001, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I have an idea for an ad. Get together some pictures of different pins from each organizations and write out something like No hazing or No alchool...
Cara
Old 07-16-2001, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Wit I have a better Idea,...take the pins and make one of those no signs (like they use over cigarettes for no smoking)and put an alchool bottle under the no sign....

Another idea would be to take an alchool bottle...and use the label .....and write information..like an absolut bottle...and instead of writing absolut vodkah..u write no alchool...
Old 07-16-2001, 09:52 PM
UMgirl

Thumbs up

Hi, I would love to help out on this issue. Especially since I have graduated and want to remain an active greek.And lately I have become pretty vocal about this issue. Tell me what I can do? And do we want Alum Clubs and Junior Circles involved?

Tonya
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Beta Chapter
(tdickers@umich.edu)

------------------
"Its Great To Be A Mich-igan AGD! "
Old 08-06-2001, 12:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
I'm not a Kappa Kappa Gamma sister, but I am an AST sister. I would love to help you guys out. Whatever you guys need, please don't hesitate to ask. My email is kwagner19@hotmail.com. This is a truly important issue.
Old 08-06-2001, 06:47 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

why is it that some members of greek letter organizations in one breath complain about how the media and "outsiders" have a negative image of glo's but in another breath so blatantly undermine your own organizations images by acting in an uncouth manner...provoked or unprovoked???
is it really the media that has given glo's a bad rap...or glo members??? is it really prospectives with "negative" attitudes...or glo members responses to prospectives that have "negative" attitudes that gives glo's a bad rap??? is it glo members...or the process that creates the glo member that gives glo's a bad rap??? do glo's get a bad rap...or is it simply the truth in some instances...that there is work that needs to be done??? perhaps a little house cleaning...

[This message has been edited by celestial_blues (edited August 06, 2001).]
Old 08-07-2001, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Celestial Blues,
I feel like perhaps this isn't the best place to post your question. This post was meant as a place to gather ideas for a campaign to shed a better light on glo's - not answer such questions or start a heated debate on whether glo's are good or bad - there are plenty of those debates here and on other forums and chat websites.

Casey Myers
Kappa Kappa Gamma
On the heart of each sister lies on key that binds us.
Old 08-14-2001, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW! You guys rock! I was just going through the thread of this discussion, and I'm amazed! Please email me if I can do anything to help!
As to the last couple posts: we know that we are not perfect, and that there are members of the Greek system that we aren't that proud of. These problems need to be addressed individually, and I don't think this forum is the place to do that. If we are interested in improving the image of Greeks as a whole, we need to work on that goal, rather than questioning it. That is the goal of this forum, as I understand it.
This issue is a big one, and I'm so proud that we're tackling it!
Amanda
Delta Zeta
Northwestern University