GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,734
0 members and 2,734 guests
No Members online

Old 08-18-2002, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Being married in Kappa???

Hello to the wonderful women of Kappa Kappa Gamma!

I have a question. I want to rush Kappa this fall and I'm married. Do you, as Kappas, feel that this will decrease my chances of receiving a bid? I'm a 19 year old sophmore and have been married for 2 weeks now. If anyone could respond a.s.a.p. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2002, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to vukkg
Hmmmm...i'm not really sure how that would come up during recruitment. At my school, we have a no boys no booze rule during that period. This includes during converstations with prospective new members. There are a ton more things to talk about than just the men in our lives. If you husband is a big part of your life, and he probably is =), mention it. You will probably get a shocked look at first but I'm sure you will find you will have genereated much interest later. Afterall, who doesn't dream of getting married!! Honestly, I don't see it interfering. Just remember that whatever group you decide to join has to love you for who you are, in ALL aspects, and you have to feel comfortable there as well. Trust me, there will always be a few girls in every group that are basically "married" to thier boys anyways so there will be people that can relate to you in that aspect. Good luck in recruitment and be sure to keep everyone posted!