GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,333
1 members and 2,332 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Councils for Gamma Sigma Sigma

What councils are Gamma Sigma Sigma on at various universities and what other groups are in those councils. I would imagine that if Alpha Phi Omega is on campus, they would be on the same council, but are they "Other greek councils" with groups like KKPsi and Tau Beta Sigma Band or are they "Service Councils" with groups like Circle K, Rotaract and Alternative Spring Break?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was an undergrad GSS, we did not belong to any "Greek council". There was only us and APO, and we answered to the Student Activities/Leadership Development council. I would guess that a lot has to do with campus regulations. But GSS is not part of any national umbrella organization.

We assisted the Lambda Theta Phi guys during their pre-colonolization process during my last year on campus, but GSS disbanded the semester after I left, so I don't know what the story is today, although I know several other Latin and MC groups, and an NPC colonized since I graduated.

I have to ask, and I mean this in the most unassuming way - why so much interest in Gamma Sig?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I have to ask, and I mean this in the most unassuming way - why so much interest in Gamma Sig?
In this case, its more to get a feeling for APO and Gamma Sig as to where they tend to end up in councils. (I also asked over on the APO page) I'm looking at the situation at a chapter I'm assigned to and wanted to see how various schools ran "councils" that service greeks were placed on. I can't personally imagine a situation where APO would be appropriate for a council that GSS wouldn't and vice versa.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
The times in which our National board will make an exception to our overall rule of not allowing our chapters to join a council is 1) the school requires them to be in a council in order to function on campus, usually as a non-voting member or 2) membership in the council does not interfere with the sorority's non-selectivity policy.

We do have some Gamma Sig chapters that are members of "Special Interest" greek councils or councils in which other orgs who are not already part of another greek council formed. My collegiate chapter at Georgia State is a part of MGC.

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."