GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,581
1 members and 1,580 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 10-09-2001, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Alpha Phi Legacy? Legacy at all?

Hey Alpha Phis:

I was just curious to know if anybody here is an Alpha Phi legacy? Do you have a daughter who is an Alpha Phi legacy?

If not, are you a legacy to other houses? Which one(s)?

I'll start. As I have posted in another forum, I pledged Alpha Phi, and my Mom became an alum initiate. My sister is a candidate for alum initiation and I have an auntie who is an Alpha Phi.

How 'bout you?

AOE,
Jen

Last edited by TechAPhi; 10-09-2001 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2001, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Jen! I am not an Alpha Phi legacy but I am a legacy to Phi Mu and Alpha Gamma Delta. By the time I went through rush at UCLA both Phi Mu and AGD had closed their chapters. It was very sad for my mom b/c she was the Rush Chairman for AGD at UCLA her senior year and she had always hoped that either my sister or I would be an AGD like she and her sister were.

aoe,

Laura
Old 07-11-2002, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BiSororityGrrl Send a message via Yahoo to BiSororityGrrl
'm a legacy!

Hey sisters! I'm a sister from SFSU. My mother surprised me when I told her I was rushing Alpha Phi. Only after I decided to go Alpha Phi did she tell me that she was a sister at SDSU. She and my Eta Theta sisters surprised me by having her at my initiation.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I am an Alpha Phi legacy. My grandma, her sister, and my great-grandma were all Alpha Phis. I'm a senior in high school, and next year hopefully I'll be an Alpha Phi at UCLA.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JeniPhi
I was a Alpha Chi legacy from another school (OCU). My mother and her Alpha Chi alumnae chapter did NOT like it when the Alpha Chi house didn't invite me to their house at OU and I pledged Alpha Phi instead. It was very funny that the alum chapter Pan liason made a bigger stink than my mom did. She called the Alpha Chi house incessantly over it. My mom just cried.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

At Buffalo our Formal Recruitment for Panhel is in the Spring and we had a girl who I believe was a double legacy (mom and grandmother) for Alpha Phi and she did not receive a bid as the girl was not similar to the girls in the chapter. This particular girl was wanted by other organizations but clearly told them that the only group she is joining is Alpha Phi as she was brought up by her mother teaching her everything Alpha Phi. I found this extremely unfortunate as this person wants to be in a greek organization but feels that she has to be Alpha Phi.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I am/was an Alpha Phi legacy. I was also a legacy to Delta Gamma, Delta Delta Delta, and Kappa Kappa Gamma.

I'm glad I picked Alpha Phi and that they picked me!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I am a legacy! My Grandmother is an Alpha Phi she joined at KU (im not sure what her chapter was!) I go to Wichita State University, Gamma Xi chapter. I have only been in the house about a semester now and I love it!

Love and AOE
Desiree
Old 08-11-2009, 04:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhiWSU View Post
I am a legacy! My Grandmother is an Alpha Phi she joined at KU (im not sure what her chapter was!) I go to Wichita State University, Gamma Xi chapter. I have only been in the house about a semester now and I love it!

Love and AOE
Desiree
Desiree, welcome!
KU's chapter was the Gamma Delta chapter
Old 09-05-2009, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniPhi View Post
I was a Alpha Chi legacy from another school (OCU). My mother and her Alpha Chi alumnae chapter did NOT like it when the Alpha Chi house didn't invite me to their house at OU and I pledged Alpha Phi instead. It was very funny that the alum chapter Pan liason made a bigger stink than my mom did. She called the Alpha Chi house incessantly over it. My mom just cried.

Hey Jen,
While I'm sad about your choice of collegiate study, I'm thrilled you decided to become an Alpha Phi.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a charter member and my mom became an alum initiate.

My sister-in-law is a charter member of her Alpha Phi chapter, although her mom is a Sigma Kappa.

So *my* little dipper is a legacy to both Alpha Phi and Sigma Kappa.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I have no daughters, only sons, so we'll see if they have any girls someday (a loooong time from now)!

My stepmother and her three daughters were all sisters of Willard, a long-lived local at Nebraska Wesleyan, which is named in honor of Frances Willard.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I am not a legacy, but I am a legacy to AZD, AOII, and AGD (I think, I'm not entirely sure about the last one).
However, none of these are at my school and I can't imagine myself anywhere other than Alpha Phi!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll soon have a daughter who will obviously be a legacy. So excited about that, she's going to be signed up for the little dipper program while I'm still in the hospital probably! She has a grandmother who was a XO, but that is one group that doesn't include grandchildren as a legacy.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
I'll soon have a daughter who will obviously be a legacy. So excited about that, she's going to be signed up for the little dipper program while I'm still in the hospital probably! She has a grandmother who was a XO, but that is one group that doesn't include grandchildren as a legacy.
Girl, please! You know you are gonna have that taken care of before they weigh her, clean her up and give her back to you!