GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,722
2 members and 1,720 guests
g41965, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-18-2005, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

YAY for you.....makes me really wish I had a date in hand...but alas...it will come when it comes.....

Take your time, breathe and then go to sleep, wake up in the moring a realize that IT WAS NOT A DREAM.....you have found your HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations
Old 03-18-2005, 02:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Day Two

When I woke up this morning I hurried to shake off the grogginess so I could remember if this was truly a dream or not! I'm still walking on air. I don't ever want this feeling to end!

I sent an e-mail to the two primary women I've been working with the past couple months. I also picked up thank you cards for everyone today. Ironically I found cards with symbols similar to "our" organization (hee hee - it feels great to say that!).

In the e-mail I sent I sent them some of my thoughts about where I want to be initiated, etc. I'm hoping it happens next month. Long story short, I'm sort of in transition right now and will more than likely be moving in June sometime, so I asked if it would be OK to be initiated in a chapter a little closer to where I'll probably end up. I hope they say OK! My concern if for some reason I can't be initiated this spring, that I won't be able to help out with rush in the fall, and I'm anxious to just start my official involvement!

It would be fun to hear your guesses as to where I'm ending up. I've tried to be very discreet. I will give you one hint: it's an organization that I've only seen represented on this board maybe once or so.

Happy guessing!!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXiD670
Can we start guessing? I have two guesses for now. When can we start posting them???!!!
Yeah! Can we start guessing? Are you going to give us any clues, lake?
Old 03-18-2005, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

First Clue

First Clue:
I mentioned earlier that I'm only aware of one other AI mentioned for this group so far in this forum.

Second Clue (this one's lame, I admit, I'll do better for the next clue):
It's sort of ironic that I found out I'll be able to pledge my lifelong loyalty to this house on or around St. Patrick's Day.

Happy guessing!!

P.S. I haven't gotten a response yet from the e-mail I sent last night to make arrangements for initiation. I'll keep you posted!!
Old 03-18-2005, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: First Clue

Well, I was first going to guess either AXiD or SSS b/c you mentioned that being initiated in April would work out nicely, and I know our Founder's Day and SSS's Founder's Day are in April.

But now that you gave us this clue, I'm thinking either KD or AST (since these both have green & white as their colors), or perhaps it's Delta Phi Epsilon or Sigma Delta Tau since a quick look at Ariesrising's Greek Pages shows me their Founder's Days are March 17th and March 25th, respectively.

Quote:
Originally posted by lake

It's sort of ironic that I found out I'll be able to pledge my lifelong loyalty to this house on or around St. Patrick's Day.

Last edited by WCUgirl; 03-18-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

see now that second clue has either thrown my theory out the window or confirmed it......

i have 2 sororities in mind now.....

i think i can be patient
Old 03-18-2005, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
First Clue:
I mentioned earlier that I'm only aware of one other AI mentioned for this group so far in this forum.

There are seven possible GLOs, according to the AI thread. They are:

Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Tri Delta
Delta Zeta
Sigma Kappa
Phi Mu
Zeta Tau Alpha

Quote:

Hmmmmm.....interesting...well

ADPi's founding date is in May and their colours are azure blue and white. ADPi's public symbols don't really have much to do with St. Patrick's Day

AGD's founding date is also in May, but one of our colours is GREEN. You also mentioned of wanting to be initiated next month. Most AGD chapters have International Reunion Day in April, and initiation often takes place then (well, it does at Tau). I can't think of any other connections though.

Delta Zeta: Founding date is in October, and the colours are pink and GREEN (ok, Old Rose and Vieux Green). The flower is the KILLARNEY ROSE Killarney is a town in Ireland.

Tri-Delt: Founding month is November and colours are silver, GOLD and blue. GOLD seems to be the only St. Patrick's Day related item

Phi Mu: Founded March 4, 1852. Since March 4 was 2 weeks ago, I don't see a connection. Phi Mu's colours don't really have St. Patrick's Day connection either.

Sigma Kappa: Founded in November and colours are maroon and lavendar, not St. Patrick's Day related. SK's symbols aren't St Patrick's Day-ish either.

Zeta Tau Alpha: Founding month, colours, symbols and flower don't really connect with St. Patrick's Day, according to the public information online (and in my New Member Guide).

Quote:
Happy guessing!!
According to the information I've found, my guesses would be AGD, DZ or Tri-Delt

Quote:
P.S. I haven't gotten a response yet from the e-mail I sent last night to make arrangements for initiation. I'll keep you posted!!

Old 03-18-2005, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: First Clue

Quote:
Originally posted by Taualumna

Sigma Kappa: Founded in November and colours are maroon and lavendar, not St. Patrick's Day related. SK's symbols aren't St Patrick's Day-ish either.
One of SK's symbols is the snake. According to folklore, St. Patrick was responsible for driving the snakes out of Ireland.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:

AGD's founding date is also in May, but one of our colours is GREEN. You also mentioned of wanting to be initiated next month. Most AGD chapters have International Reunion Day in April, and initiation often takes place then (well, it does at Tau). I can't think of any other connections though.

While it'd be awesome for her to go AGD, she made reference to an Executive Board, which, I'm assuming, is the term used to name the alum chapter's officers. I know that in my alum chapter we're known as "Alumnae Officers" rather than "Executive Board".

The only terms I'm familiar with are "International Council" (internationally) and "Executive Council" (locally, for collegiate chapters).

Sorry to be nitpicky. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it's not AGD.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream

Quote:
First Clue:

Happy guessing!!

Since our Founders' Day is also St. Patrick's Day, I will guess DPhiE.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There are seven possible GLOs, according to the AI thread. They are:

Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Tri Delta
Delta Zeta
Sigma Kappa
Phi Mu
Zeta Tau Alpha

Unless she's referring to the AI Roll Call thread...which is the one I looked at.

I'm going w/ DPhiE.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: First Clue

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
While it'd be awesome for her to go AGD, she made reference to an Executive Board, which, I'm assuming, is the term used to name the alum chapter's officers. I know that in my alum chapter we're known as "Alumnae Officers" rather than "Executive Board".

The only terms I'm familiar with are "International Council" (internationally) and "Executive Council" (locally, for collegiate chapters).

Sorry to be nitpicky. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it's not AGD.
Oops, didn't really read her posts carefully enough!

OMG...I just realized that there is only one DPhiE AI listed on the roll call......I thought there were more....

Last edited by Taualumna; 03-18-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
my guesses

D Phi E or AZD
Old 03-19-2005, 08:02 AM
Unregistered-

Add me to the DPhiE list!
Old 03-19-2005, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

well, i don't care who it is....i am just excited that you found a home. of course, i do wish that all of the ais here are phi mus, but i know i have to share with all of the great orgs out there!

congrats!