GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,510
1 members and 1,509 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 02-22-2006, 06:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by Denise_DPhiE
I'm with you since GWB thinks it's a great idea to hire Saudis to cover our ports. Isn't there something in our country about bringing in outsiders ONLY if there is an American unable to do the job??? I am just sick over this.

Denise
But haven't the ports always been controlled by foreign companies?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-22-2006, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
But haven't the ports always been controlled by foreign companies?
Excellent question. I can't speak for all six ports in question but NY and NJ were supposedly run by American companies. I do need to look into this further though. You are right, maybe this is nothing new.

Denise
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Excellent question. I can't speak for all six ports in question but NY and NJ were supposedly run by American companies. I do need to look into this further though. You are right, maybe this is nothing new.

Denise
You should also remember that security for the ports is (and always has been) a responsibility of the Coast Guard and local police, among other parties - these companies are directing the shipping, not the security. That's still our failure.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm with you since GWB thinks it's a great idea to hire Saudis to cover our ports. Isn't there something in our country about bringing in outsiders ONLY if there is an American unable to do the job??? I am just sick over this.

Denise
The companies in question are not Saudi Arabian. They are from the United Arab Emirates (think Dubai).
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Senator Hillary Clinton was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nation two weeks ago in upstate New York. She spoke for almost an hour on her future plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living, should she one day become the first female president. She referred to her career as a New York Senator, and how she had signed "YES" for every Indian issue that came to her desk for approval.

Although the Senator was vague on the details of her plan, she seemed most enthusiastic about her future ideas for helping her "red sisters and brothers". At the conclusion of her speech, the Tribes presented the Senator with a plaque inscribed with her new Indian name - Walking Eagle.

The proud Senator then departed in her motorcade, waving to the crowds. A news reporter later inquired of the group of chiefs as to how they came to select the new name given to the Senator.

They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of shit it can no longer fly.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL. I am all for that name. This chick irks me with her "plantation" references and now "her red brothers and sisters"??? Whew Lawdie. I am not sure if this is true, but if it is, that's one more reason why I don't like her.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Go Hillary!

It would be happier times, that's for sure.

I have to say, I hope the Democrats can get it together.

A change in regime is necessary at the moment-- got to mix stuff up to keep the politicians honest. That and I like Democratpolicies better. Big fan of liberals.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KNOW-wun
Senator Hillary Clinton was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nation two weeks ago in upstate New York. She spoke for almost an hour on her future plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living, should she one day become the first female president. She referred to her career as a New York Senator, and how she had signed "YES" for every Indian issue that came to her desk for approval.

Although the Senator was vague on the details of her plan, she seemed most enthusiastic about her future ideas for helping her "red sisters and brothers". At the conclusion of her speech, the Tribes presented the Senator with a plaque inscribed with her new Indian name - Walking Eagle.

The proud Senator then departed in her motorcade, waving to the crowds. A news reporter later inquired of the group of chiefs as to how they came to select the new name given to the Senator.

They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of shit it can no longer fly.
Is that a true story?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Quote:
Originally posted by PiKA2001
Is that a true story?
No, you can find other versions with other political figures, I've seen Bush used as well.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
TTT

I don't know why but I have re-read this thread a few times over the years and its quite interesting to see how things have turned out. Bump.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the bump! What a difference four years makes.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Hilarious!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
I'm amused that Ms. Clinton recently declared she wouldn't run again -- her words "you have to bloom where you're planted."

Wonder why she didn't think that way two years ago?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsiRuss View Post
No Democrat will be elected to the presidency in 2008. Its just about impossible.
lol
Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsiRuss View Post
No Democrat will be elected to the presidency in 2008. Its just about impossible.
LOL, this is the easiest presidency for a democratic candidate to win.