GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,148
2 members and 2,146 guests
John, Low D Flat

Old 04-21-2004, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

you can never get to big....well i guess you could but ya know im a sister at a local sorority that is not reconized by our school...we just put through my class of 7 winter 2004 ....YAY and now we are working on our spring bunnys we are the 2ed largest sorority on our campus but there is only 4 of us and only 5 frats. we now including my class we have 27 we are all very near and dear to each other we all get along awsome but as a local sorority i think that we strive to become great leaders

phi sigma rho [COLOR=royalblue] of umass lowell
we are not cocky we are just better than the rest
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-22-2004, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought Phi Sigma Rho was a NATIONAL sorority for engineers and had 17 chapters with 2 colonies?

Are you guys the same or different group?
Old 04-23-2004, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

yea there is a national group as far as i know...im not really sure what the deal is with that i also know of another local phi sigma rho in hawaii...i dont know if that answers your question but i tryd but we are not affiliated.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HollisterDXiChi Send a message via Yahoo to HollisterDXiChi
Quote:
Originally posted by *phi-sigma-rho*
you can never get to big....well i guess you could but ya know im a sister at a local sorority that is not reconized by our school...we just put through my class of 7 winter 2004 ....YAY and now we are working on our spring bunnys we are the 2ed largest sorority on our campus but there is only 4 of us and only 5 frats. we now including my class we have 27 we are all very near and dear to each other we all get along awsome but as a local sorority i think that we strive to become great leaders

phi sigma rho [COLOR=royalblue] of umass lowell
we are not cocky we are just better than the rest
Thats what situation I am in too. We're like not recognized-yet, by the campus. I started out with like two pledges and now I have about 5! Im totally geeked!!! Congrats to you too! Thats awesome that you're making a good name for yourselves!
Old 04-23-2004, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

we used to be reconized by our school a long time ago before our reactivation class in 1983, but there was a hazing incident so we no longer are reconized by the school plus with the laws in lowell ma we as a group of girls larger than 6 that would be living together can not have a house but other than that
Old 07-21-2004, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Update

We just feel that Student Activities is limiting what we wanted to do from Day One, and that dividing ourselves from Student Activities would allow us to be happy and not feel like were "settling" for something that we can not do in compliance to Student Activities.

We are in the process (thinking and doing process) of dividing ourselves from Student Activities and creating our local sorority. Our group, The Sisterhood of Mount Ida, has been in affect for a semester. The Student Activities board hasn't really "done" anything for us, except recognize us as a group and provide us with a budget. However, we are playing by their rules and feel like there are many limitations upon us that if we were unrecognized, we'd have the ability to do what our original intent was.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Laces02
We're 16 years old and the oldest sorority on my campus, and the smallest. Last fall we had a pledge class of 2 come in and in the spring a class of 1. For the coming fall semester we were only going to be five sisters strong(not including myself), but i just found out yesterday that our Vice-President is taking a leave of abscence. So we're down to 4, and while i was on vacation our whole rush schedule got changed around and we are no longer doing any of the events that were planned when i left. So i'm uber annoyed with the 4 that are active, and very worried about the up coming rush...
Old 08-03-2004, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

well we got ourselves a new house! were all moving in september first!!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SigPhiSunshine
well we got ourselves a new house! were all moving in september first!!
yay for new houses, we're getting one soon too! I'm curious- is it hard for a local to get a house?

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

not that i know of. there are 2 local farternities and our sorority and we all have houses. all we had to do was get enough girls in a house and then after a year we can get our letters put on it. there are a few other things we have to do but it isnt difficult.