GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 980
0 members and 980 guests
No Members online

Old 12-19-2002, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
AlphaXiDiva, That's Kya! She's my grandsis. Weird connection. Definitely six degrees or something.

anyhoo... our house is now up to 41 girls cuz we recently initiated our Alpha Eta class. 24 lovely ladies. YAY!

I am excited for spring semester: we got Sorority Superbowl, Greek Week/Sing, and formal in Santa Cruz!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-11-2003, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DaffodilDarling
Unhappy

*sniffle*

We're currently up to 8 members, with 3 new members before.

There is a major problem in my sorority... The three larger orgs find out we're having a rush, and at least one of them throws one, so nobody comes to ours.

On top of that, if they find out that we're interested in a certain woman, they talk to her first, and extend her a bid, even if she doesnt really fit in with those women.

It's really frustrating.

Although we MAY have a class of 3 or 4 after spring break... **crosses fingers**
Old 04-15-2003, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings, My name is David Lee Francis, co-founder of Alpha Sigma Chi (www.alphasigmachi) professional/social, currently local. We are the world's first non-residential GLO established in the either: 04-02-2003.

The fraternity is traditional in most every regard, except that we are both professional and social, and our founding vision is to build a bridge between non-residential campuses and the Greek fraternal experience.

Our academic/professional association is Intelligence and National Security Studies. IS and NS professionals with other degrees also qualify. Very few strictly civilian, non-government, private universities offer degree programs in Intelligence, Strategic Intelligence, or National Security. George Mason is one exception - but I doubt if there is a professional GLO dedicated to these studies on that campus.

That is our niche. Most of the universities that do offer these degrees are government or military. National Defense University, Armed Forces Staff College, Joint Military Intelligence College, etc, and most programs lead to an MA or MS degree.

Well, that's us - in a nutshell. We're founding at American Military University in Manassas, VA. An online university: There are five thousand men who fit the description of our basic potential candidate who attend AMU.

Since there are about three hundred thousand other guys who are IS or NS professionals who have degrees in other fields - we will have a pretty rich recruiting base once we get our name recognition going. Our main objective is networking for career building in our community. However, our first founding principal is solidarity, and our initiation process is all about bonding in brotherhood - and understanding what a life long, meaningful, and genuine commitment that is in ASC.

So... that's how we're doing. Web site is under construction, but our informal "shield" is posted there. www.alphasigmachi.com
Old 07-14-2003, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

affiliation question

If your a local sorority, can you stay local and not be affiliated?

I'm wondering if I have to contact Sigma Kappa and tell them that I want to start a local sorority called Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi... or not?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Re: affiliation question

Quote:
Originally posted by cristinasmile
If your a local sorority, can you stay local and not be affiliated?

I'm wondering if I have to contact Sigma Kappa and tell them that I want to start a local sorority called Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi... or not?
No, you do not contact them. If you want to start a local sorority you should go through your Greek Life or Student Activities office.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 07-14-2003, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, thanks GREAT!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

unaffiliated SKEPi

I got the A OK from NPC. I e.mailed them.

They wrote

Cristina - I am sorry but we have no information regarding local sororities.
Certainly you would be unaffiliated with NPC since your chapter is not
affiliated with one of the inter/national member groups. Good luck with
your project!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Yippee! I heard that our beta chapter is doing super well at Sonoma State. They got first in a powder puff football torney this last weekend and recruited 18 new girls. I am so glad to see them grow so strong.

Derby Days is this week and our routines for the Lip Sync at the end of the week looks super! So excited.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

HAHA thats funny
My sorority was the ones that played the Chi Delts in that Championship game. It was local verse local. We took first last year so it was very intense but i'm glad that they got the chance to experience what we did last year. Believe me its a good feeling. Congrats Chi Delta!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I made a mistake...we have 11 girls, not 10.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HollisterDXiChi Send a message via Yahoo to HollisterDXiChi
Grrrrr! That same thing happend last semster. We were going to throw a Toga party and this other sorority found out about it before we could get word out. So they posted on the College forum that they were having one before the end of the semester...guess what? They ended up not having it! They're actually having it NEXT MONTH! It really ticked me off! Good luck with that...I know how frusterating that is.

Quote:
Originally posted by DaffodilDarling
*sniffle*

We're currently up to 8 members, with 3 new members before.

There is a major problem in my sorority... The three larger orgs find out we're having a rush, and at least one of them throws one, so nobody comes to ours.

On top of that, if they find out that we're interested in a certain woman, they talk to her first, and extend her a bid, even if she doesnt really fit in with those women.

It's really frustrating.

Although we MAY have a class of 3 or 4 after spring break... **crosses fingers**
Old 04-06-2004, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HollisterDXiChi Send a message via Yahoo to HollisterDXiChi
Smile Looking Up!

We had a Dinner and Movie COB last Friday and a girl named Ashley came. We had a blast and she decided to accept her bid. Things are looking up. Will keep you all posted!
Old 04-06-2004, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

We took the championship in Sorority Superbowl this year and Greek Week is right around the corner. I have a feeling it's gonna be a lot of tough matchups. We came really close to winning last year and after superbowl, the defending champs are going to come back with a vengence I am sure. We will be ready for them tho. Our Greek Sing routine looked cute so it should be a good time.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

We just had our blood drive last Wenesday. We collected much more blood than we were expecting to.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool 107 years and going...

We are 107 years old and have never folded. we were once huge but right now i think 5 more members and we will be too big. when i pledged last fall, we only had 8 members, i had a pledge class of 6 and we brought in a winter pledge lcass of 6 so we have grown so much this year. other sororities are starting to acknowledge our presence on campus again which is really cool.

Last edited by SigPhiSunshine; 04-08-2004 at 05:05 AM.