GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,680
1 members and 2,679 guests
aamanthalittle3

Old 09-16-2010, 04:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation OMG I Lost My Key!!!!

Hi Guys,
I recently moved to England with my husband and his job, but with the stress of packing up our house and getting halfway across the world I've discovered that I lost my Key.

Do you know if Herff Jones deliver internationally, or if there is anyone authorised to sell pins UK side? If not I can always get a new Key delivered to my Mom and have her ship it internationally.

Devestated to say the least...

KKGCaroline
Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to the Expat World! I think you'll find it's pretty easy to get stuff shipped over the water. I use a service that gives me a PO Box in New York, and then stuff goes air freight and gets all the way to me in about 3 days, and costs about $7/half kilo. I don't know if there's a similar service available between England and the US, but get in touch with your local American Women's Association (club, network.... they all have different names) or go to www.fawco.org, the Federation of American Women's Clubs Overseas. You'll have advice coming out your ears on no time.

And next time, pay the extra bag fees (or make his company pay it!) so you can bring a few more things with you in person.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKGCaroline View Post
Hi Guys,
I recently moved to England with my husband and his job, but with the stress of packing up our house and getting halfway across the world I've discovered that I lost my Key.

Do you know if Herff Jones deliver internationally, or if there is anyone authorised to sell pins UK side? If not I can always get a new Key delivered to my Mom and have her ship it internationally.

Devestated to say the least...

KKGCaroline
Sorry to hear you lost your badge.

Another option would be to adopt a rescued badge from the Keepers. You can PM either me or thetygerlily and we can give you more information.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh. I'm so sad for you; badges are near and dear to my heart, no matter the GLO.

PLEASE file a police report. PLEASE.

Then, by all means, contact the Keepers. I was able to locate a lovely replacement key badge for my Kappa friend through a Keeper contact (thanks again, Keepers!). Hers was stolen in a burglary.

You want to get the word out to people about your badge; there are multiple online selling sites (not just the OneThatShallNotBeNamed) that are monitored by various groups. Perhaps you can mosey over to the Badge Trends thread and post something about your badge? The more eyes looking, the better.

And, finally, do NOT give up looking for it. It may very well show up at some point in the future. Remember to ask St. Anthony for help, too.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the tips and support guys, I had my mom up at 8am this morning going through the stuff we stored in her garage just incase its been packed away by mistake. If she can't find it i'll contact the local police and file a report and then get in contact with the Keepers..

Feeling slightly calmer now....
KKGCaroline
xx
Old 09-16-2010, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

So sad to hear about your badge Can you PM me with the engraving information & description? I will add it to our lost badges list.

Definitely follow the advice above- if your mom can't find it, file a police report and decide what kind of replacement you want (rescue vs. new). Best of luck in finding it!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Oooh I'm Sooo Embarressed!!!

Drama Over.......

The Key was found this afternoon, safe and sound, still attached to the dress I wore to our "goodbye & good luck" dinner with our close friends/family.

I feel so silly, I honestly thought I had removed it and put it away.

Thank the lord I hadn't gone down to the police station yet, or ordered a replacement..

Last edited by KKGCaroline; 09-16-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: i am a total bonehead?!?!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

YES!!! So glad it's safe & sound
Old 09-16-2010, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

That is great news; and what's even better, you wore your key someplace other than to Founders' Day. I hope you'll wear it, often; think about how upset you were when you thought you'd lost it.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
That is great news; and what's even better, you wore your key someplace other than to Founders' Day. I hope you'll wear it, often; think about how upset you were when you thought you'd lost it.
This!

I'm so glad you found your Key and so tickled you actually wear it. How many of our lovely badges wind up in a jewelry box after graduation and never get worn again? Kudos to you for repping your organization (and, indirectly, all of ours as well) and congrats on the find!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

If my event is dressy and as long as my Key will not look out of place, then yeah I'll wear it.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Speaking of wearing your badge, has anyone bought one of those badge medallion things (Cannot think of the official name) that allows you to wear your key with a necklace?

I saw one on a friend then actually had one made for my mom for Christmas last year. You can order them from Herff but I took a drawing to our local jeweler and he made me an even nicer one. She wears it with her gold omega necklace. Such a neat way to wear a badge! Now, if only I had one!!

Sidenote - my badge disappeared years ago. I never replaced it for various reasons. Fast forward and it is the year before my daughter goes to college. Now, of course, I am thinking of my badge. But, I am afraid to replace it because I might jinx her recruitment (ridiculous, but this was my mindset) So, the minute she pledged kappa I ordered my replacement and have proudly pinned it on both daughters at initiation!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I have not, I just go with the pin... but I would love to see a picture of the one you had made!! I like the way they look but they just feel big for some reason.

And that is awesome about pinning your (new) key on both daughters
Old 09-16-2010, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

So glad it was found! Now that I'm a SAHM, I have even fewer events at which to wear mine. Maybe if I get down to Founders Day at my chapter I'll wear mine and the one I rescued from my chapter.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetygerlily View Post
I have not, I just go with the pin... but I would love to see a picture of the one you had made!! I like the way they look but they just feel big for some reason.

And that is awesome about pinning your (new) key on both daughters

I agree - the ones in the Key are kind of big, which is why I looked into having one made. I am going to visit my parents this weekend and will try to remember to get a picture. I think you will like it.