GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,127
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, asamathattso539
» Online Users: 1,427
2 members and 1,425 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 06-08-2011, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched the first episode. The first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes blew my mind.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
I watched the first episode. The first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes blew my mind.
The things I do for love
Old 06-08-2011, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Bleh the heart eating scene was DISGUSTING! I'm obsessed with this show. And also amused by the "Stupid Ned Stark" pictures floating around (see http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/20...pid-ned-stark/ if you don't know what I'm talking about). ;D
Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurGirl View Post
Bleh the heart eating scene was DISGUSTING! I'm obsessed with this show. And also amused by the "Stupid Ned Stark" pictures floating around (see http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/20...pid-ned-stark/ if you don't know what I'm talking about). ;D
Yes those are quite fun
Old 06-08-2011, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

HAHA. Love it.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Second and third episodes down, and I cried like a baby at the end of the second. I'm sucked in. Sigh....

I heart Tyrion. Is he the only Lannister who's not batshitpsycho?
I like Jon Snow, though he's not "hot" in my book.
So far, none of the chicks impress me much. Except for Arya. She's pretty badass for a kid. Cat is mildly annoying. The Queen Lannister is eleventy kinds of fucked up. I think she may have been playing the part of our latest GC troll.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Second and third episodes down, and I cried like a baby at the end of the second. I'm sucked in. Sigh....

I heart Tyrion. Is he the only Lannister who's not batshitpsycho?
I like Jon Snow, though he's not "hot" in my book.
So far, none of the chicks impress me much. Except for Arya. She's pretty badass for a kid. Cat is mildly annoying. The Queen Lannister is eleventy kinds of fucked up. I think she may have been playing the part of our latest GC troll.
No, seriously Daddy Lannister fucked up Tyrion too, he's a magnificent bastard (like every dwarf in his father's eyes) though.

Snow's pretty good, I find him annoying as the series progresses (the books) but while I think Kit is hot, I don't generally want to hit the medieval dudes.

Arya's awesome, I generally want to smack Sansa who really does believe some day her prince will come, oh look there he is!, Cat is a good momma bear, but frustrating and Cersei (Queen) is upset that she doesn't have a penis - or that because she doesn't she's relegated to power by marriage to a fat lewd man.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I actually really disliked this show after the first episode or two, but I stuck with it because I wanted to see where things were going with the white-haired brother and sister (I can't remember anyone's names). I'm going to see it through at this point but it's not jumping to the top of my list. I really like Arya, the Khaleesi and Tyrion.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I just finished reading the Red Wedding section of the third book A Storm of Swords. I did NOT see that coming. WOW!

Catelyn Stark irritates me as the show progresses AND as the book progresses. The characters I don't care for at all are mainly the females except Dani and Arya. Arya because she's so badass for a little girl and Dani because she takes charge of her destiny. Love her for that!

Daddy Lannister is a DICK! No other words to describe him. That's what makes Tyrion my favorite though b/c reading & watching his verbal sparring with others is always amusing. I love Peter Dinklage's portrayal of Tyrion. It's awesome!

Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 06-09-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I just finished reading the Red Wedding section of the third book A Storm of Swords. I did NOT see that coming. WOW!
Yeah, that's gonna be interesting to see on film... I have no idea how they're going to do that without making it an unwatchable blood bath. As it is, I had problems watching the more gory scenes, like the jousting accident, ect.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Yeah, no one expects the Red Wedding.

Quote:
Catelyn Stark irritates me as the show progresses AND as the book progresses. The characters I don't care for at all are mainly the females except Dani and Arya. Arya because she's so badass for a little girl and Dani because she takes charge of her destiny. Love her for that!
Martin's done a good job, i think, of writing a world where women get the shit end of the stick but still having the female characters react in completely different ways, we have Cersei who's just bitter now and losing herself in drink among other things, Sansa who has very much learned her fairy tale isn't real and is starting to gain the knowledge and cunning to make her own way, Brianne who lost her heart to Renly but fought with the sword rather than her wit, and so on. I love Arya though Dany is actually more interesting to me in the show than she was before. The end of book one pissed me off at her I think. (Not the very end, but Drogo and all that that I won't spoil right now.)
Quote:
Daddy Lannister is a DICK! No other words to describe him. That's what makes Tyrion my favorite though b/c reading & watching his verbal sparring with others is always amusing. I love Peter Dinklage's portrayal of Tyrion. It's awesome!
Oh man, Tywin fucked everyone up. But rumors not withstanding, he does not shit gold...
Old 06-13-2011, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

*sniff sniff*

I read the book & I knew it was coming but still. *sniff sniff*
Old 06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

So, here there be spoilers, but fun fun gifs too:

On a lighter, unrelated note, is Tyrion playing "never have I ever" here? Because it seemed like he was playing it.

I am loving Robb way more than I ever did in the books. His age has helped a lot, but we're also getting HIS perspective more independently of his mother. All our views of Robb were filtered through others particularly Catelyn as his action progressed.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Since I am going to discuss yesterday's episode I shall give ample spoiler space, just to play it safe for those who haven't watched it yet.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

Haven't read the books but was quite disappointed that Ned Stark was just beheaded. That truly just sucked. Just as I was like Kal Drogo (is that right?) they might go off and kill him too. Ugh, I'm tired of characters I like getting the ax (no pun intended).

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-13-2011, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Since I am going to discuss yesterday's episode I shall give ample spoiler space, just to play it safe for those who haven't watched it yet.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

Haven't read the books but was quite disappointed that Ned Stark was just beheaded. That truly just sucked. Just as I was like Kal Drogo (is that right?) they might go off and kill him too. Ugh, I'm tired of characters I like getting the ax (no pun intended).
Keeping your Spoiler space:

It's in the books as well. As Cersei says, you play the game of thrones and you win or you die. And King Joffrey (first of his name) is certainly taking his lessons from mum. Martin rarely keeps his characters 'safe' and it's always fair to say you never know what could happen or who could be at risk next. It started with Bran, but then Bran lived so people get complacent and then comes Lady and Mycah the butcher's boy, all of Ned's men and so on. But those were mostly innocents, as the stories progress you'll see good people pay for their mistakes even as bad people go free because they didn't make the same mistakes. There are just now (four books in) some suggestions that they'll get theirs in the end, w/o spoiling anything too much.

But Ned's damned honor put him in front of that sword (that and the vindictive idiocy of a child king), he wouldn't bend until the last minute, and he broke instead. But at least he knows that Arya is safe(ish), something he didn't get to see in the books. Now Robb has Jaime, the one Lannister daddy would do anything to get back, Cersei/Joffrey has Sansa, and, well, suffice to say there will more than one contender for the throne in the wars that follow.