GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,580
0 members and 2,580 guests
No Members online

Old 08-24-2012, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

My pnm got invited back to 10 houses!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-24-2012, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! If all continues to go well, tell us where she ends up!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! That is great. I am happy for her.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapple View Post
This is my understanding. The PNMs have ranked their bottom 4. Now this is more of a "suggestion" and certainly not a cut. The chapters have made their lists, and their lists are priority. It doesn't matter who turns in first. Chapters don't see PNMs selections and PNMs certainly don't see a chapter's invite list. Once the PNMs and chapters all have their information in, the matching begins. (By Panhellenic) If a PNM ranks like this....

Her Top Ten
1. A
1. B
1. C
1. D
1. E
1. F
1. G
1. H
1. I
1. J
Her Bottom 4
2. K
3. L
4. M
5. N

AND if she appears on all chapter party lists, she will go to A-J. If she does not appear on C or Ds party list she will go to A-B, E-J and K & L. If she does not appear on anyone's list, she will be released from recruitment. (not likely after this round, but more so after Phil or Skit) If she is released from 4 for her top 10, she will attend her "bottom 4" if they have her on their list. If she is not on the list of 7 chapters, she will only attend 7 parties the next round...or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5...you get the picture. This is chapter focused, it is mutal selection, but the chapter gets priority and the PNMs opinion is secondary.

Because of this, someone will always come along and rant that they got invited back to a chapter they "cut" and they do not understand. Cut is only an active word when used by a chapter, not a PNM. (Although a chapter will use the word "release" as if it stings less)

Edited to add....yes the PNMs rank before chapter vote is turned in. That is just basic logistics. The girls rank directly after their last party. The chapter gathers after their last party and starts discussion on invite list. But in no way does a chapter know what a PNMs rankings are before they create their list.
Wordy but good explanation.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Pinapple. A great explanation.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Just got back from Austin..pref is tonite. Here's hoping for a happy, happy bid day tomorrow for all involved!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

My poor pnm is still ailing - waiting anxiously for 3:00. Her favorite chapter is her grandmother's legacy sorority, and they have a policy of notifying the alumna if the legacy is cut (brave women!). Fingers crossed - good news at 3!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
My poor pnm is still ailing - waiting anxiously for 3:00. Her favorite chapter is her grandmother's legacy sorority, and they have a policy of notifying the alumna if the legacy is cut (brave women!). Fingers crossed - good news at 3!
LOL, I was just thinking that, during recruitment, I would not want to be the alum responsible for figuring our if various grannies are still with us, so to speak.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

i have just been released..... so sad
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesssluv8 View Post
Oh, hugs. Sorry to hear this.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesssluv8 View Post

So sorry to hear. I know it's hard...hang in there! UT is HUGE--lots of places to get involved.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I was released today too. It sucks to have made it this far to get dropped and I just am bummed I even bothered with the process. Being in a sorority meant so much to me.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

From what I've heard, SDT will be conducting a large informal recruitment, almost akin to a recolonization, in a week or two. You might consider checking that out to see if it's a possible fit.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

is there COB or spring rush at UT? I was getting really attached to the 2 houses I saw skits for and have heard that one of them has done spring rush before
Old 08-27-2012, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasToast View Post
is there COB or spring rush at UT? I was getting really attached to the 2 houses I saw skits for and have heard that one of them has done spring rush before
You and other released PNMs who are still interested in the Chapters should contact Greek Life and let them know you want to be on the list to be contacted about COB and informal recruitment.