GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,311
2 members and 1,309 guests
AOIIalum, Titchou

Old 08-16-2015, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan View Post
Well, after discovering this forum over a year ago, I've been looking forward to the day I'd put this site on my favorites screen to get me through the process sending my first daughter through at Ole Miss. I'm already excited and nervous for her and it's still a month off.

She has already said she would like for me to come for bid day. I was curious if you all have advice on how I can best organize my trip and be available for her. Will I have to wait until she calls me with the bid she's received and then try to meet her at her new house? I assumed she would want to walk with her roommate/friends to get the bid and have me wait elsewhere and meet her. Any insight on this is welcome. Obviously I will be thrilled if Phi Mu is a match for her, but she has no preconceived notions and just wants to find her home at the right place for her.

There is a new hotel named the Graduate which is due to open soon and is taking reservations already. (662) 234-3031.

I believe the girls are given their bids after all the Rho Chis reveal their "true letters" on the steps of the Lyceum. There are two streets with sorority houses ... and they are not that close together ... so if her pref houses are all on the same street, you would have a better idea of where to stand.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I was using the "fairly close" reference compared to some campuses where some sorority houses are totally across campus from one another...like half a mile or more.

I have not heard of the Graduate...good to know.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much for the tips everyone She is my first so I just want her to enjoy getting settled in and meeting new people. It is all a bit surreal.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck getting a place to stay for Bid Day at this point. Hotels in the area and for miles around have been booked for many, many months. If you can find one, snap it up!
Old 08-17-2015, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid day

Last year the girls received their bids in the grove. The gamma chi reveal took place on the stage and the gamma Chis spread out in the grove with their groups to give out the bids.

Sorority row is right off the grove - the houses there are Phi Mu, Delta Gamma, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Tri Delt and KD

The other five houses are located on Rebel Drive. I believe the girls run behind the union over to Rebel Drive and then down Rebel Drive. The houses on Rebel Drive are AOPi, KAppa Alpha Theta, ADPi, PiPhi and ChiO.

I noticed many parents in the grove to celebrate with their daughters briefly before they ran to the houses. I imagine they then made their way down to the house. Other than the grove it would be hard to know where to wait unless both of your daughters pref houses are on the same street.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell4 View Post
Last year the girls received their bids in the grove. The gamma chi reveal took place on the stage and the gamma Chis spread out in the grove with their groups to give out the bids.

Sorority row is right off the grove - the houses there are Phi Mu, Delta Gamma, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Tri Delt and KD

The other five houses are located on Rebel Drive. I believe the girls run behind the union over to Rebel Drive and then down Rebel Drive. The houses on Rebel Drive are AOPi, KAppa Alpha Theta, ADPi, PiPhi and ChiO.

I noticed many parents in the grove to celebrate with their daughters briefly before they ran to the houses. I imagine they then made their way down to the house. Other than the grove it would be hard to know where to wait unless both of your daughters pref houses are on the same street.
^^^This^^^
Old 08-17-2015, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are a couple of videos from last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ZIO__Cl9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B6ZLFjtk3M
Old 09-27-2015, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Giving this a bump since recruitment starts today...
Old 09-27-2015, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to everyone at Ole Miss...actives and PNMs alike!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I was curious if anyone knows the final number who are going through and would have a guess what pledge class sizes would probably be. I'm assuming it would be similar to last years numbers so will look through old thread and see if I can find that.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I have 1687 PNMs registered on Campus Director as of today. Chapters have been told to expect pledge classes between 150 and 175. For the second year in a row, Ole Miss does not have an upperclass quota.

Alpha Phi will colonize later this fall. Someone told me that the new ADPi house is fabulous and has tanning beds available for members??? As someone who has had several skin cancers removed this year (used to lifeguard 40 years ago, not tanning beds) that amazes me....
Old 09-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post
I have 1687 PNMs registered on Campus Director as of today. Chapters have been told to expect pledge classes between 150 and 175. For the second year in a row, Ole Miss does not have an upperclass quota.

Alpha Phi will colonize later this fall. Someone told me that the new ADPi house is fabulous and has tanning beds available for members??? As someone who has had several skin cancers removed this year (used to lifeguard 40 years ago, not tanning beds) that amazes me....
My understanding (of a couple weeks ago) was that the ADPi house is indeed fabulous, but not completely decorated. Hopefully, I'm wrong! I've had my share of skin cancers removed due to having been a lifeguard, too, but my understanding is that quite a few of the truly opulent sorority houses have tanning beds. Sad, isn't it?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Seems like they'd be better served with a spray tan machine. I'm paranoid about tanning the regular way, but I've been known to do a Mystic Tan before heading on vacay.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I like a Versus Medium myself
Old 09-27-2015, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Someone needs to start a thread of the most redonkulous sorority house amenities. I would do it but I'm using my phone and last time I started a thread, I accidentally got banned for spam.