GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,382
3 members and 1,379 guests
aagelusasd8172

Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Mississippi - Ole Miss 2014 Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment

Ole Miss Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment 2014

Check Here Back For Updates (to this post and additions to the thread.)
Post last updated 8/6/2014

Recently added: Information on Chapter Dues (from 2013), link below the chapter web sites in this post.

Registration for Fall Formal Recruitment (Sorority Rush) - Panhellenic Recruitment Registration opens Mid-May, 2014, and closes on Aug. 29 at 11:59 p.m. CST

Aug. 23 Panhellenic Recruitment Orientation for Students and Parents - Panhellenic is working to give more information to PNMs and families regarding NPC Chapter membership: financial obligations, academic obligations/requirements, housing obligations.

Ice Water Teas - round will take place during Recruitment instead of the old practice of having it several weeks earlier and there is now a theme, Greek Day.

C.A.R.E. Walk - Aug. 27 (during Welcome Week) – This is an annual event hosted by the Panhellenic Council for which the proceeds benefit breast cancer research.
Registration for C.A.R.E. Walk -----> Click Here

Panhellenic Convocation - Sep. 7

Formal recruitment silence period will begin the day of Panhellenic Convocation through until bid distribution.
• No active sorority member, including alumnae and new members, may communicate or live with potential new members during this period of silence.
• Silence is defined as any verbal, nonverbal, written, printed, text message and electronic communication or communication through a third party.
• If potential new members live in a residence hall with a sorority member or share academic courses, only casual greetings and contact are permitted.

Recruitment Week UPDATED – Recruitment will take place the week of September 14-21 which is earlier than usual
Structure of week has changed:
Sunday - Greek Day (formerly Ice Water Teas) [PNMs attend 10 parties]
Monday & Wednesday - Philanthropy (35 minutes) [PNMs attend up to 8 parties]
Thursday & Friday- Sisterhood formerly Skit) (35 minutes each) [PNMs attend up to 5 parties]
Saturday - Preference (60 minutes) [PNMs attend up to 2 parties]
Sunday - Bid Day

PNMs and Grades

There is no minimum grade to participate but potential new members should know that virtually all of the Chapters on campus require a 3.0 GPA (as a minimum, if not more) to carry the PNM through to Preference Party. Yes, you will from time to time hear of a PNM with a lower GPA receiving a bid, this is because there were some other criteria in her favor that you and I know nothing about, and so just know that the majority of PNM's will rush by the rule and not the exception.

From Collegedata:

High School Grade Point Average of Enrolled Ole Miss Freshmen
3.75 & Above 33%
3.50 - 3.74 17%
3.25 - 3.49 15%
3.00 - 3.24 16%
2.50 - 2.99 15%
2.00 - 2.49 3%

Ole Miss Freshman High School Class Rank
Top tenth: 17%
Top quarter: 47%
Top half: 77%
Bottom half: 23%

Advice on how to obtain recommendations:
http://sororitysugar.tumblr.com/rec-letter-connection UPDATED!!!!
AND
http://www.therhok.com/2011/06/how-t...endations.html

This is a competitive recruitment campus and Letters of Reference and Recommendations should be considered to be necessary. Some folks suggest two recs per Chapter as a minimum. You may read that it is the responsibility of the Chapters to obtain letters of reference or recommendations for you, which is completely unrealistic given that roughly 1300 PNMs go through recruitment each Fall. To stand out among 1300 other young women you will have to take matters in hand. You may also hear that letters of reference or recommendations are no longer required for certain Chapters . . . repeating for the good of the order, "This is a competitive recruitment campus and Letters of Reference and Recommendations should be considered to be necessary."

FALL 2014 SCHEDULE - Dates are subject to change, Recruitment has been added. Panhellenic and Recruitment Events are in Dark Green

Aug. 1 Late Fee Added to Recruitment Registration Fees from this day forward.
Aug. 23 Panhellenic Recruitment Orientation for Students and Parents

Panhellenic is working to give more information to PNMs and families regarding membership: financial obligations, academic obligations/requirements, housing obligations.
Aug. 25 First Day of Classes
Aug. 27 C.A.R.E. Walk [During Welcome Week]
Aug. 28 Game Day v. Boise State (Atlanta)
Aug. 29 Recruitment registration closes at 11:59 p.m. CST
Sept. 1 Labor Day Holiday
Sept. 6 Game Day at Vanderbilt
Sept. 7 Panhellenic Convocation
Sept. 12-13 Ole Miss Family Weekend
Sept. 13 Game Day v. LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE

Sept. 14 - 21 RECRUITMENT WEEK
Sept. 14 Greek Day/Ice Water Teas (35 minutes) - Panhellenic Recruitment Round 1
Sept. 15 Philanthropy I (35 minutes) - Panhellenic Recruitment Round 2, Day 1
Sept. 16 OPEN - NO PARTIES
Sept. 17 Philanthropy II (35 minutes) - Panhellenic Recruitment Round 2, Day 2
Sept. 18 Sisterhood/Skit I (35 minutes) - Panhellenic Recruitment Round 3, Day 1
Sept. 19 Sisterhood/Skit II (35 minutes) - Panhellenic Recruitment Round 3, Day 2
Sept. 20 Preference (60 minutes) - Panhellenic Recruitment Round 4 - NO FOOTBALL GAME
Sept. 21 Bid Day – Will likely be earlier than in the past when it was after 3 p.m.

Sept. 27 Game Day v. MEMPHIS
Oct. 4 Game Day v. ALABAMA
Oct. 6 Last Day to Withdraw from classes
Oct. 11 Game Day at Texas A&M
Oct. 13 Midterm Grades Due
Oct. 18 Game Day v. TENNESSEE
Oct. 25 Game Day at LSU
Nov. 1 Game Day v. AUBURN
Nov. 8 Game Day v. PRESBYTERIAN
Nov. 15 OPEN
Nov. 22 Game Day at Arkansas
Nov. 24 Thanksgiving Holiday Begins
Nov. 29 Game Day v. MISSISSIPPI STATE
Dec. 1 Classes Resume
Dec. 8 – 12 Final Examinations

Game Day Color Chart [Click Here]

Greek Affairs http://dos.orgsync.com/org/umgreeks/npcrecruitment

Campus Chapters: web sites
Alpha Delta Pi :
- - - - -http://www.olemissadpi.com/
Alpha Omicron Pi :
- - - - - http://olemissaoii.com/
Chi Omega :
- - - - - http://chaptersites.chiomega.com/default.aspx?site=9
Delta Delta Delta :
- - - - - http://www.olemisstridelta.org
Delta Gamma :
- - - - - http://www.olemissdg.com/
Kappa Alpha Theta :
- - - - - http://www.olemisstheta.com/
Kappa Delta :
- - - - - http://olemiss.kappadelta.org
Kappa Kappa Gamma :
- - - - - http://chapters.kappakappagamma.org/deltarho/
Phi Mu :
- - - - - http://olemiss.phimu.org/index.php?page_name=start
Pi Beta Phi :
- - - - - http://chapters.pibetaphi.org/pibetaphi/olemiss/

*** PLEASE - PM me with any additional web site updates, they will be added/changed.
Information on Chapter Dues from 2013 (Click Here)
Information for 2014 not yet published and will come from Ole Miss Panhellenic. Note that dues and other expenses of membership may change from year to year and therefore the exact figures from 2013 may no longer apply. This information is shared so that PNMs and their families may have an understanding of the potential membership costs involved on a semester and year to year basis.
---------------------

Informative GreekChat thread on What to NOT do or say:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=30758

Questions PNMs should be prepared to answer during rush:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...&postcount=134

<meta name="keywords" content="University of Mississippi - Ole Miss,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss greek life,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss summary,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss fraternity reviews,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss sorority reviews,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss greek life, summary, college life, prominent students, chat, school news, events, greek chat"/>

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 08-06-2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Update 8/6
Old 01-25-2014, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss Recruitment Dates have been announced. See Post #1 in thread.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, MP!
Old 01-25-2014, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

After the IU thread, I just want to sit on MP's veranda with a spiked lemonade.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post
After the IU thread, I just want to sit on MP's veranda with a spiked lemonade.
We can meet at either Boure or City Grocery for adult beverages. Campus is dry after all.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
We can meet at either Boure or City Grocery for adult beverages. Campus is dry after all.
Yeah...
Old 01-25-2014, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Can I say the fall schedule for Ole Miss just sums up the South for this Yankee: rush + football.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I like the ring of City Grocery, and I like the ring of rush and football.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post
I like the ring of City Grocery, and I like the ring of rush and football.
I second this post.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 01-26-2014, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Proud to say I will be a pnm in the 2014 recruitment! I have no clue what to expect nor do I have any personal connections to ole miss sororities so I am very excited and ready for any advice you guys have to share! Hotty Toddy!!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Get your recs lined up...2 for each chapter. Absolute must for Ole Miss.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014rebelpnm View Post
Proud to say I will be a pnm in the 2014 recruitment! I have no clue what to expect nor do I have any personal connections to ole miss sororities so I am very excited and ready for any advice you guys have to share! Hotty Toddy!!
Ole Miss recruitment is no place to wander in unprepared!!

Read last year's Ole Miss thread... ALL of it! Every word that Mary Poppins posts should be taken as absolute gold. Take all of her advice. No wiggle room, if you want to join an Ole Miss sorority.

Hotty Toddy, 2014RebelPNM!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thetalady you almost made me choke on my tea. You know all of the advice comes from many long term GCers who help at other competitive campuses, not just Ole Miss, and not of course just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Ole Miss recruitment is no place to wander in unprepared!!

Read last year's Ole Miss thread... ALL of it! Every word that Mary Poppins posts should be taken as absolute gold. Take all of her advice. No wiggle room, if you want to join an Ole Miss sorority.

Hotty Toddy, 2014RebelPNM!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Would it be too early to start sending in recs?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014rebelpnm View Post
Would it be too early to start sending in recs?
The students just arrived last week, so I think it's a little early. However, it's not too early to be preparing your packets and making requests for letters of reference and recommendations. I've never advised Recruitment so anyone else want to chime in about the best time for the LORs and Recs to be arriving?