GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,587
1 members and 1,586 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 11-10-2007, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Madame Alexander Dolls . . .

. . .has "A Christmas Story" Ralphie - complete with BB gun, glasses (unbroken) and leg lamp. I really, really want it. I really, really, won't get it. But I am happy it exists.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Because I lost my mom in September, I'm dreading everything about the holidays this year. If it were up to me, I wouldn't put up a tree or decorations or anything. However, my teen and tween are all gungho and can't wait for Christmas, so I will suck it up and do it all .. the decorations, the baking, etc. I really, really don't want to though.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^^

I'm sorry. The holidays are pretty rotten when you've just lost someone. My grandfather died on Dec. 10, and my mother was the only person in the entire family who wanted to do the whole Christmas thing. We all wanted to be together--but none of the tree/big meal/presents thing.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
People in our neighborhood already have all their lights up! And ON!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Update...

We've decided on gifts for the rug-rats (at least I hope so.)

The 4 boys are getting gift cards to the new lazer tag place that opened up and they come with an afternoon out with their cool uncle and aunt.

For the niece we are getting her two monogrammed cosmetic bags since she is girly. Plus she is going to be a wedding helper, so her and I will do a girls afternoon to find her a dress in the same color at my BMs. And if she wants to go lazer tag playing also when the time comes, she can come to.

Thankfully FBIL and FSIL are also done, they're getting a scrapbook of recent wedding photos and a family photo ornament of the new blended brood.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
^^^Great choices! And btw, I loved the wedding story you posted -- that will be great family story fodder for you for years to come...
Old 11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi Sailorgirl View Post
We've decided on gifts for the rug-rats (at least I hope so.)

The 4 boys are getting gift cards to the new lazer tag place that opened up and they come with an afternoon out with their cool uncle and aunt.

For the niece we are getting her two monogrammed cosmetic bags since she is girly. Plus she is going to be a wedding helper, so her and I will do a girls afternoon to find her a dress in the same color at my BMs. And if she wants to go lazer tag playing also when the time comes, she can come to.

Thankfully FBIL and FSIL are also done, they're getting a scrapbook of recent wedding photos and a family photo ornament of the new blended brood.
Great gifts! Oh, and congrats on your engagement!
Old 12-19-2016, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

So why not bump a random (old) GC Christmas thread, especially one started by carnation:

While picking up monthly holiday supplies at a church supply store, heard the song "Santa Baby" playing over their inside-the-store speakers. But hey, Madonna!
Old 12-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Hey! I forgot about this one-- thanks, Cheerio!

Here is our Christmas dilemma. We are in the shoes of the parents of Ralphie from Christmas Story. Our 16-year-old (yes, the one I'd just had when I started posting here) wants an Airsoft gun. These are plastic BB guns that shoot soft BBs that a lot of teenaged boys around here love to run around with out in the country.

He's been very responsible about only using it out in the boonies and wearing eye protection. I, of course, am terrified that just once he won't do either and bad stuff will happen. We don't have long to decide about this.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

^ Isn't same son on the verge of becoming an Eagle Scout? I would set him up with a good instructor (NOT one of his buddies!), then trust & pray that he's responsible enough for the privilege.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

It Has Begun: Drive Like You Don't Want To Live To See Rest Of The Holidays Week.

Yes, please make that u-turn directly in front of me against all better judgement because YOU want that parking spot on the my side of the street.

Aunt Mary's catered lunch needs pickup, and she won't eat it cold!

And your vanity license plate reads the same as the name of your catering business (which you parked in front of) so guess which local establishment won't be receiving my business in 2017?

Happy Holidays, bad driver, should your magnificent driving skills allow you to live that long.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so glad all the Christmas shopping drivers and parking issues are over with. Drove to our local mall today and was able to park right outside the store I needed to pop into it was fabulous!