GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,385
2 members and 1,383 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 06-28-2016, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Do you wear the Lambda Chi ring?

Hello, all! It's been a while!

I can now call you my brothers! I was initiated as a brother of Lambda Chi Alpha in April! I'm still numb from the deep, rich experience.

Lambda Chi is the biggest and most well known fraternity on my campus. My boss, two coworkers, and a couple best friends all wear the Lambda Chi Alpha ring, the gold one that can be found on Herff Jones' website.

It's a real beauty. I am considering getting one. I've had trouble wearing letters because I don't wear tshirts, and a ring seems perfect. I'm hoping to go into student affairs and higher ed, so it would really benefit me to have something to identify me as a Lambda Chi that I can wear with professional dress. Especially in that field.

Do any of you wear the ring? If so, has it struck up conversation about Lambda Chi, or even caused you to meet a brother?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-29-2016, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations my new Brother. I got my ring when I was in college my senior year (1967).
It is a college ring with dark green stone with LXA letters in gold and PSU and date on the sides.
I would wear it to LXA functions except now I cannot wear it because it won't fit.
Yes when I wore it I did get a lot of good comments about it. If I could, you bet I would wear it more~!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-09-2017, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Trey_P-I_47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXA1994 View Post
Hello, all! It's been a while!

I can now call you my brothers! I was initiated as a brother of Lambda Chi Alpha in April! I'm still numb from the deep, rich experience.

Lambda Chi is the biggest and most well known fraternity on my campus. My boss, two coworkers, and a couple best friends all wear the Lambda Chi Alpha ring, the gold one that can be found on Herff Jones' website.

It's a real beauty. I am considering getting one. I've had trouble wearing letters because I don't wear tshirts, and a ring seems perfect. I'm hoping to go into student affairs and higher ed, so it would really benefit me to have something to identify me as a Lambda Chi that I can wear with professional dress. Especially in that field.

Do any of you wear the ring? If so, has it struck up conversation about Lambda Chi, or even caused you to meet a brother?
I wear one some days to work. Mine is a little bit different than the Herff-Jones Version.

It is a pre-merger gold crest mounted on a rectangle onyx, set in a gold mount. It is quite beautiful and I try to take really good care of it since the crest isnt worn at all and still has most of its detail.

Its my precioussssss
Old 01-10-2017, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey_P-I_47 View Post
I wear one some days to work. Mine is a little bit different than the Herff-Jones Version.

It is a pre-merger gold crest mounted on a rectangle onyx, set in a gold mount. It is quite beautiful and I try to take really good care of it since the crest isnt worn at all and still has most of its detail.

Its my precioussssss

Trey, that is truely a very special ring and glad that someone like you has it!
In ZAX,

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-26-2021, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I received the ring your see at Herff Jones, black onyx with the cross and crescent on top. It had, previously, been my older brother’s. He gave it to me after initiation. It was very special, to me. It was stolen in a burglary about 10 years after my undergrad graduation.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Not a Lambda Chi, but as a sorority woman, I will say that many of our alumnae now wear our pins, framed, as necklaces. I wear mine this way all the time and enjoy conversations with those who notice it. It is a great way to wear your fraternity jewelry in a more professional manner and create connections.