GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 319,666
Threads: 115,078
Welcome to our newest member, abrdajnr2084

Old 09-20-2002, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Question GC vs. Real Life?

Okay, got a question...

are you different on GC than you are in real life? Are there things that you would say on GC that you probably wouldn't say if we were all in a room together?

As for me? Well I am the same in real life as I am on GC in that I speak my mind and definitely do not hold my tongue. On the other hand, I think I come off as pretty aggressive on GC when I am actually REALLY laid back in real life. Basically, when I argue or debate in person, it rarely gets to the heated stage that some of the discussions I am involved in on GC do.

How bout y'all?
Old 09-20-2002, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
I am the same.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

i am my same sweet self
Old 09-20-2002, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Nope.
I'm definitely a lot more outspoken, sarcastic and funny in real life. I bite my virtual tongue on GC. There are a lot of threads here I would like to respond to but I don't because my affiliation is in my screen name. I don't want my thoughts to be misconstrued as the point of view for the whole fraternity. I would like to keep it real but I won't unless I get another screen name which I haven't bothered with.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

In real life I sometimes don't have the ability to argue as well as I can on here...simply because I have been told I can write things very eloquently and make a good point. Don't get me wrong...I'll argue my point verbally too, however there is something about having the time to THINK about what you want to write and having only seconds to say it that helps.
But I generally don't get confrontational on here so that's a whole 'nother story.
For the most part I'm the same.

Hootie
Old 09-20-2002, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

ZTAMiami-I'm definitely a lot more outspoken, sarcastic and funny in real life. I bite my virtual tongue on GC. There are a lot of threads here I would like to respond to but I don't because my affiliation is in my screen name.

This is ME except I'd hate fo my daughter to see some of the things I THNK!
I'm also a lot prettier in person.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I must say, NOTHING AT ALL like I am and especially was on GC.

If someone from GC were to meet me in real life they would be surprised how different I am.

If someone from real life were to read my posts on GC they would be in for a bigger surprise.

It's not like I have split personalities or anything, it's more of a repression.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 09-20-2002, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
I'm pretty much like this.

ACTUALLY I tend to be a bit more of a peacemaker in real life. SOMEHOW I always get caught in the middle of two parties during drama, and get called on to help settle it.

Fun, fun
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton

Last edited by lovelyivy84; 09-20-2002 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sexier in real life.

Okay, I'm probably about the same, but I think I hold back a little on greekchat -- for the same reason mentioned above, that I'm really presenting myself here as an Alpha Phi. There are things I'd discuss freely in real life that I probably wouldn't here, for that reason -- I'm talking more personal things/experiences that I'd share with my friends. I have a whole wild & crazy life out there...

Other than that, I'm the same. I tend to be pretty opinionated and outspoken and often my emotion gets the better of me and usually wins out over hard logic.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I'm sexier in real life.

Okay, I'm probably about the same, but I think I hold back a little on greekchat -- for the same reason mentioned above, that I'm really presenting myself here as an Alpha Phi. There are things I'd discuss freely in real life that I probably wouldn't here, for that reason -- I'm talking more personal things/experiences that I'd share with my friends. I have a whole wild & crazy life out there...

Other than that, I'm the same. I tend to be pretty opinionated and outspoken and often my emotion gets the better of me and usually wins out over hard logic.
Were we separated at birth???
Old 09-20-2002, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93

Were we separated at birth???
LOL!!!
Old 09-20-2002, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

You know, it's hard to say. First of all, I don't think I post frequently and freely enough to give on idea of all aspects of my personality. I don't think any of you know how truly eccentric, neurotic, goofy, dumb, brilliant, interesting and complicated I can really be. Or maybe that's just my ego talking...

Truth be told, we probably all reveal more about ourselves on here than we even realize. I was reading through the favorite drinks post and thinking about how something as trivial as that can say a lot about who you are. Basically, bottom line, most people write like they type (for the most part.) Therefore, we're all probably laid bare here a little more than we care to admit IMHO. I'm also kinda amazed at home much a message board can come to life and carry conversations as if this were a real room. It's just astounding how much this piece of cyber space can be a real slice of life.... Or maybe it's just me.
Old 09-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I hold back on GC. As a mom of many, it's hard to read something that someone has posted about, say, something really stupid that they keep doing and not do the mother routine of, "@##! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"
Old 09-20-2002, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

It's tough to say, i'm not always sure how my comments rub off on everyone here....

i don't know, for the most part i'm the same except when it comes to some of the controversial threads (abortion,gun control, etc.), i usually don't say much because i don't get into it in real life. I'd be the guy taking a snooze in class during a heated class discussion.

One thing i am certain of, is that I doubt Ksig_RC would be hitting on as many guys as he does here....p.m. button's his own personal internet dating service...
Old 09-20-2002, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I respect the folks that don't want to project their views onto their entire org. I do, however, wish y'all would get a different screenname because I bet y'all have some INTERESTING things to say! lol!

Dionysus, I don't understand...how do you act in real life?

CCwhatever whatever...who are you?