GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,383
0 members and 2,383 guests
No Members online

Old 09-03-2021, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

BID DAY!!!!!

On the morning of Bid Day, the bids were late getting to us. My roommate was very on edge, but I was able to wait patiently because I didn’t have so much suspense. Finally, my Gamma Chi knocked on my door and handed me a bid to…

My favorite Blue Bloods character, Frank

Also known as…

Alpha Omicron Pi!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a time! Reliving that whole experience was crazy, haha! My grandma, who was also an AOII, was so overjoyed that I had also joined, and that made Bid Day so much more fun for me. I was so happy that she was happy.

EPILOGUE: Shortly after Bid Day, I was glad to be an AOII, but I was still struggling to deal with how recruitment had gone for me overall. At the time, I just didn’t understand why I had been cut by so many houses, plus I was dealing with all the regular stress of being a freshman in Greek Life. I have to admit that looking back on my freshman year, I don’t miss it. It wasn’t the best, simply because I felt like I didn’t know anyone. But after that, when I moved in house, I had the absolute best time of my life. I have so many wonderful memories of being an AOII. AOII was exactly what I needed. I grew so much personally and as a leader. I found women who loved me because of who I was, and who saw the best in me. They challenged me, but they have always stood by me. I would not trade my experience in AOII for anything. For future PNMs – please don’t pay any attention to what other people say. Your recruitment experience is your own. Go in with an open mind because if you don’t, you can easily get hurt. Furthermore, if you don't get "that feeling" at a house during the week, don't worry. Not feeling an instant connection to a house doesn't mean you won't fit in there, and frankly, I wish people would not hype up that feeling so much. If you get that feeling, great! But if not, don't stress. Also, just know that recruitment is not a reflection of how Greek Life really is! I promise that if you give it a chance, you won’t be disappointed.

I hope everyone enjoyed my story. Thanks for reading.

Alpha Love and Mine,

Delusions
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-03-2021, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved your story, especially your reflections upon your membership. Thank you so much for sharing!
Old 09-03-2021, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I loved your story, especially your reflections upon your membership. Thank you so much for sharing!
I'm so glad you liked it! Truthfully, I have been writing this story since I was a freshman, but I could never finish it because I didn't feel the resolution I needed until later. Now that I've graduated and I can see recruitment from a different perspective, I could give the happy ending that I knew I would eventually get after finishing my freshman year.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you so much for writing your story. Congratulations on finding your sisterhood.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I especially loved how you shared how perfect AOII was for you because of who your sisters have been - they loved you, challenged you, helped you become a leader.

That's what we all want in our sisterhood and like you, I wish girls would move away from the instant 'bond' magical thinking that seems to exist.

Congratulations and thanks again for sharing such a lovely story!
Old 09-03-2021, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
I especially loved how you shared how perfect AOII was for you because of who your sisters have been - they loved you, challenged you, helped you become a leader.

That's what we all want in our sisterhood and like you, I wish girls would move away from the instant 'bond' magical thinking that seems to exist.

Congratulations and thanks again for sharing such a lovely story!
So glad you liked it! My hope is that PNMs reading this will realize that they can fit in anywhere and that an instant "connection" isn't so important. I know when you're in the moment that you really want that, but there's nothing wrong if it doesn't happen! Thanks for reading.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Wonderful story, and as you noted, good for a lot of PNMs who don't get their original choices early on. Alpha Omicron Pi was the best choice for you, and I'm thrilled for you happy ending! Thank you for sharing!
Old 09-06-2021, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

This is so awesome! I love hearing legacy stories, especially when it’s the grandma or great grandma. They’re like a treasure trove of sorority history! It just drives home how awesome it is that these organizations have remained unchanged in values and traditions for over a century. Congrats!
Old 09-06-2021, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to you and AOII!

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 09-07-2021, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
EPILOGUE: Shortly after Bid Day, I was glad to be an AOII, but I was still struggling to deal with how recruitment had gone for me overall. At the time, I just didn’t understand why I had been cut by so many houses, plus I was dealing with all the regular stress of being a freshman in Greek Life. I have to admit that looking back on my freshman year, I don’t miss it. It wasn’t the best, simply because I felt like I didn’t know anyone. But after that, when I moved in house, I had the absolute best time of my life. I have so many wonderful memories of being an AOII. AOII was exactly what I needed. I grew so much personally and as a leader. I found women who loved me because of who I was, and who saw the best in me. They challenged me, but they have always stood by me. I would not trade my experience in AOII for anything. For future PNMs – please don’t pay any attention to what other people say. Your recruitment experience is your own. Go in with an open mind because if you don’t, you can easily get hurt. Furthermore, if you don't get "that feeling" at a house during the week, don't worry. Not feeling an instant connection to a house doesn't mean you won't fit in there, and frankly, I wish people would not hype up that feeling so much. If you get that feeling, great! But if not, don't stress. Also, just know that recruitment is not a reflection of how Greek Life really is! I promise that if you give it a chance, you won’t be disappointed.

I hope everyone enjoyed my story. Thanks for reading.

I absolutely loved your story and looked forward to each installment. Your advice to PNMs was excellent.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

What a wonderful story. No delusions at all!
Old 09-28-2021, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

What a great story and I'm so glad you found your home in AOII!
Old 09-28-2021, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Did your roommate end up joining a chapter ?
Old 09-28-2021, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Did your roommate end up joining a chapter ?
Yes she did! She ended up at Jamie
Old 09-30-2021, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Which is?