GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,414
2 members and 1,412 guests
anatexaxd6741

Old 10-10-2018, 06:12 PM

I was just up for homecoming this past weekend and we were talking about then vs now. Someone said that the current students a lot of the time don’t care if the activity they are doing or the company they are keeping is enjoyable, the most important thing is whether it looks good on their Insta. Our society has become more and more visually based with every decade - remember those old Aziza eye makeup ads? Those would be considered a novel today! I don’t know what the solution is, but unless we want this whole world to be idiocracy, it needs to turn around.

ETA Aziza ads

FETA sorry, didn’t mean to hijack (or eye-jack) the thread.

Last edited by 33girl; 10-10-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sororanon View Post
Don't let the moderator of this forum bully you into not speaking.
They've never done anything of the sort. The thread languished quietly on its own, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sororanon View Post
I hear you and I hope you hear me too.
You are heard! <3
I’m glad to know I’m not the only one feeling this way. I truly believe things can turn around. Not sure how, but of course they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Why these young women (and men) are so wrapped up in tiers and rankings is beyond me.
1. They live their lives with ranking. How many “friends”, “followers”, etc.
2. At schools that don’t randomly pair GLOs for homecoming, etc., being in one tier vs another matters for those events. And that usually puts all the powers in the hands of the fraternities, IMO.

I think a lot of the current college-aged populous is suffering various effects of being the Instagram generation. Real life isn’t measuring up to Insta-life, and there is so much let down. Bid Day is supposed to be the “dream” NYE, getting a Big is supposed to be Christmas Day where you are bound to your soulmate, bff, mentor, etc. Girls think that’s what is supposed to happen and are left questioning themselves when their experience is different.

Insta-friends, Insta-besties, Insta-sisterhood. We all know that’s not how it works, but some of these kids don’t, and I honestly wonder what the long term effect on GLOs will be (if any).