GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,139
3 members and 2,136 guests
John, KatieKate1244, naraht

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2014, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

A Tune Filled Return Recruitment

I already post on GC under a different name, but I wanted to go anon to tell my Tune Filled Recruitment story. I go to a school that has nine sororities.

Memories
Can't Hold Us
Radioactive
Thrift Shop
Daylight
Stay
Wake Me Up
Safe and Sound
Get Lucky

I met some other girls on campus who wanted to bring Roar, a national to campus.

I signed up for formal recruitment in the fall when I first came to the school, but wasn't sure if I'd find a home with the sororities since I wasn't a Freshman or Sophomore. So, I rushed and was released early during recruitment by the Panhellenic houses and was not offered a bid by the Multicultural houses I'd rushed then either. Then I'd signed up for Informal recruitment and wasn't invited to any of the COB events. In the meantime, I got involved on campus, raised my grades, made friends, started a few organizations of my own and had a lot of fun.....

I signed up once again for Formal Recruitment, then out of fear of looking "stupid" for putting myself through recruitment again, I didn't attend any events. My friend in Memories invited me, to rush her organization which I had never done, so I did. I enjoyed myself at Memories, but didn't end up with a bid from Memories either.

The girls who were interested in bringing Roar to campus approached me and invited me to join their interest group. Since I was definitely interested in what Roar had to offer, I decided to say 'Yes' to their invite and we prepared to see if Roar was interested in expanding to our campus.

To be continued.

Last edited by CountryRoads; 02-23-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Reread it and something wasn't accurate, so I changed it.