GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,046
2 members and 1,044 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 02-12-2020, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Transferring twice?

Hi guys!! So I rushed freshman year at a private university and was initiated into my sorority. Then I transferred out to a second private university that doesn’t have my sorority and gained alumni status. I’m currently considering transferring for a second time (it’s unsure) to a third, new university that does have my sorority (obviously a different chapter than the one I was initiated into). Since I already have alumni status and this will be my second transfer, would I be able to be part of my sorority on this new campus?
Old 02-12-2020, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynne View Post
Hi guys!! So I rushed freshman year at a private university and was initiated into my sorority. Then I transferred out to a second private university that doesn’t have my sorority and gained alumni status. I’m currently considering transferring for a second time (it’s unsure) to a third, new university that does have my sorority (obviously a different chapter than the one I was initiated into). Since I already have alumni status and this will be my second transfer, would I be able to be part of my sorority on this new campus?
Best thing to do is contact your sorority's headquarters. That's where you'll get a definite answer.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 02-12-2020, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Best thing to do is contact your sorority's headquarters. That's where you'll get a definite answer.
Will do! In the meantime if anyone knows feel free to respond.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

We don't even know which sorority you're in and it's likely that any of us in your group wouldn't know the national rule on this. I will say, though, that most sororities do not force a chapter to accept a transfer.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

We don't even know if you are in an NPC sorority, MGC, NPHC, local/ regional independent sorority. Why bother asking us to give you a WAG?

(wide ass guess)