GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,740
4 members and 2,736 guests
Cookiez17, John, Kevin, Xidelt

Old 01-11-2001, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Major/Degree

Hey everyone,
I feel like I know many of you "regulars", but I was wondering what everyone's major is. I know that some of you on here are already college graduates, so I want to know about you guys too- what do you do for a living? I am a MIS major even though this semester I will be taking my first introductory course to it. Hopefully it will work out- but I am not sure what occupation I will have with a degree in MIS, something with computers obviously. I am just getting my feet wet right now i guess you can say!!

------------------
"He is not perfect, you are not perfect. The question is whether or not you are perfect for each other"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-11-2001, 10:43 PM

BSBA/ Marketing

"The everything major" - so named because you can work in a TON of occupations and still relate it to marketing.
Old 01-11-2001, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine is theatre and I want to minor in cinematic studies because I want to be a movie star when I grow up.

------------------
No one conquers who doesn't fight.
Old 01-11-2001, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

My major is Criminal Justice & I am minoring in psychology and sociology.
Old 01-12-2001, 12:23 AM

Smile

Hi bucutie02!!!

I am a Psychology major/Religious Studies minor. I may obtain a minor in Business as well...we'll see. I work too. I am a consultant at a Clinique counter.

I graduate in May and I have no idea what I want to do. I am so scared and stressed that it's not even funny...haha.

Old 01-12-2001, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I'm Architecture/Urban Studies. I hope to concentrate within those two majors in Historic Preservation. I'm just a sophomore, so I have plenty of time!
Old 01-12-2001, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

My major is Information Systems and Decision Sciences-Management Information Systems (whew - that's such a mouthful!). ISDS-MIS for short.

I plan on attending law school. I want to work in intellectual property and internet law. I'm taking my LSAT on Feb 10!
Old 01-12-2001, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Smile

Chemical Engineering, with a minor in Chemistry. And I graduate in May!

------------------
Always
Seek
Knowledge

Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 01-12-2001, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
I am a Family,Child and Comsumer Stuides major with a concentration in Nursery School-Kindergarden teaching.

I also have a B.A. in English with a minor in History.

I know it sounds weird so email me and I'll tell you the background information
Old 01-12-2001, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I majored in sociology in undergrad (don't ask why--I kick myself every day for choosing such a useless major). I worked for a bank for 3 1/2 years, since there aren't many other jobs you can get with a sociology degree, and now I'm finishing up my MBA and working as a financial analyst. Basically, I'm taking all the classes that I SHOULD have taken in undergrad, and I'm working a job that I SHOULD have gotten as soon as I graduated. Better late than never, I suppose.
Old 01-12-2001, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

My major is Computer Information Systems, I'm looking for an internship and hopefully this summer I'll find one.
Old 01-12-2001, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

B.S. Administration of Justice-George Mason University
A.A.S. Police Science, Germanna Community College.

Most of my classes at George Mason werent Criminal Justice related. The few I took were on Terrorist Groups in the world and I took a class where we had to do an observation paper(going out in the community) of various Criminal Justice elements. The Court System, The police, and corrections. When I graduated I moved to California and worked as a counselor with emotionally disturbed kids. I did that for two years. the pay sucked but the experience was invaluable. I think it was great for really any major. I did some volunteering at the Youth Authority there. Tough place. Then I got homesick so I moved back here and tried working at a state correctional facility here in VA. that really sucked and I quickly figured out that Criminal Justice as a job was not me. Unless I plan to go through Law School in my life time. At least I know and have the respect of what correctional officer and psychiatric counselors go through. Right now I am pursuing something totally different from what I should of pursued in school. Like many including Alumnus who cares. I worked Best Buy over this past holiday, quit that, and now I am temping for a company up in northern virginia and am building on my IT skills. So far so good. I guess IT is where I'm headed and getting those certifications or back to school. This was long.
Old 01-12-2001, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a history major with a music minor - which I beleive is the official definition of "Useless Degree" Oh well - if I had it to do over, I think I would have gone into Computer End-User Technologies
Old 01-13-2001, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
I'm a 2nd year psychology major in it for the long haul- I hope to be a psychaitrist, which is a PhD.
Heidi
Old 01-13-2001, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I just graduated in December w/ a B.A in Cultural Anthropology. I'm in the process of looking for a job right now. I'm looking for something in web design/maintenance cuz it's been my little hobby for about 4 years now.
However, one day, I want to be a writer, so I've decided to get my MFA in Creative Writing. I'm looking at Grad schools too and hopefully I'll be doing that in a year or so