GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,710
2 members and 1,708 guests
flamboyanttree, gatordeltapgh

Old 08-02-2003, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Help Kappas! Like only you know how!

I have a couple questions...
There is a girl who is absolutely PERFECT Kappa material, but two of the sisters don't like her because of silly lies, rumors that they STRONGLY believe true. I won't be here for decision voting time, nor will I be able to give a say if she gets in or not.

[Content removed by moderator. Content contained information regarding membership selection and voting, which is information not to be shared with the general public. Similar content will always be removed from posts, despite its validity. If you disseminate information that is proprietary to members of Kappa Kappa Gamma, your post will be edited or deleted. Please be advised.]

Is there anything this girl can do to win them over? She's seriously perfect girls. She also won't be able to attend all the Rush events due to an athletic event I think? Not sure, but how can she make her finest impression?!

[Content removed by moderator. Content deemed disrespectful, using inappropriate language. Similar content will always be removed from posts. Please be advised.]

Well anyways ladies, please get back to me soon!
Love ya'll girls!

Last edited by imsohappythatiama; 08-07-2003 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to vukkg
Well, best of luck to your friend on finding a home in the Greek System.

Obviously, no one on this board is going to discuss how we vote on incoming members . I'm not quite sure I understand how you aren't available during voting as there usually isn't a class conflict after rounds. Your best bet is to talk to your Membership Chair. She knows the Panhel and Kappa recruitment rules inside and out and can probably direct you in the right way.

I hope that helps a bit but I really don't think you are going to find anyone who is going to go into much more detail on the "how to's" of voting, especially online.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the reply Vu,
I cant be at the voting because I have to get surgery that date. Anyways, I wasnt expecting anyone to go into details about choosing members, I was just hoping to find a way to help their decision. I really want her in, and that's the only sorority she will say yes to....
Old 08-05-2003, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
I agree. Talking to your membership chair or membership advisor would definitely be your best bet in this situation.

I just wanted to say I hope your surgery goes okay.

What chapter are you from, just out of curiosity?
Old 08-05-2003, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry if I came off a bit rude...that was not my intention...just trying to protect something secret

Anyway, I hope your surgury goes well and that talking to your Membership Chair will allow you some sort of say in voting. If all else fails and there is no way for you to participate in any of the votes, talk to your sisters who feel strongly against her and plead your case on her behalf. If you have developed a good relationship within the house, they may can weigh what you said over what they have "heard."
Old 08-05-2003, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooops...I guess it may make a difference if this is formal or informal recruitment. At my school, informal basically has one rule - no bid promising. Formal on the other hand...there's an entire book of rules an regulations! Be careful not to break any formal recruitment rules in talking to either your friend or your sisters.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Another alternative

Without divulging too much process here..

There is a way for members who are not present to state their opinions during selection - but it requires you to work with your membership advisor. Similar to how alumnae and other sisters can submit references, you can have your comments given to the membership chair. Typically, I've known this to be done for extenuting circumstances where there are negative comments (which are anonymous, of course) but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be possible to give a positive reference.

However, I will say this - If you have sisters who are intentionally smearing this woman or otherwise have a negative opinion of her (rightfully earned or not) I would talk to them directly. Chances are, no matter which way the chapter decides, the "dissentors" will not change their opinion - which may make life tough if this woman eventually pledges.

I've seen this one happen before... and the results weren't pretty..

Good Luck,
Paula