GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,413
2 members and 1,411 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 12-13-1999, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Rush Help

I am the rush chair for my sorority, Tau Epsilon Mu. We will be starting rush this quarter and I was wondering if anyone could help me with some new ideas, or if they could share some things that their chapter does for rush. We have a formal rush with an open house, novelty party, and a final party. I'm really trying to improve the greek system at my campus and I am trying to draw some positive feedback from different chapters. Thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

------------------
Martina
I walked through those doors scared as a kitten, and left roaring like a lion.
Old 12-14-1999, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Although I am in a fraternity, I have seen the way rush works for PHC groups (I am the PHC rep for IFC) and the #1 way to have a successful rush is to promote yourselves. Make sure you blanket the campus with flyers and banners about rush. Pass things out, get lists from your admissions office of freshman/undergrad transfer students and call/mail them things. Rush takes WORK, and the only way that you will be able to have a successful rush is if you put forth the effort.

Watch out if you are having formal rush during the spring. If this is the only rush during the year, then fine, but if you ahve a formal rush during the fall having a formal rush during the spring, at least on my campus (UT Arlington) has backfired.

------------------
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not, the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "Press OIn" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.