GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,104
2 members and 1,102 guests
Sarak24034, zsamulpitt5293

Old 01-06-2016, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Should have been extended across two episodes. The door chant was fun, as was the bump group but hated the bid reveal obviously, and if the writers didn't want to incorporate a sorority into the storyline, it would have been a more interesting choice for the two to talk, decide they didn't want to join a sorority after all, and leave their unopened bids on the chairs. I wish they would let Sue de-geek just a little this season, appearance wise, but glad they finally provided a college friend. The room mate bit was absurd at the beginning of the season.

As my husband says, I watch too much TV...
Old 01-07-2016, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

So that was…interesting! I know they had to make the whole storyline fit into one-third of a 22-minute episode (as well as simplifying the logistics of rush/recruitment for a general audience), but having PNMs show up at bid reveal to open an envelope that says “you did not receive a bid”- is there any school (RFM or not) that does that? Geez…

That part where Sue was saying “We’re the boy!” I was almost positive the next words out of her mouth were going to be “Let’s start our own sorority.”
I wonder if that’s coming later.

I do think that pink coat she wore was adorable.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
So that was…interesting! I know they had to make the whole storyline fit into one-third of a 22-minute episode (as well as simplifying the logistics of rush/recruitment for a general audience), but having PNMs show up at bid reveal to open an envelope that says “you did not receive a bid”- is there any school (RFM or not) that does that? Geez…
No one is that mean.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I was definitely thinking, well, they're at bid opening so they must've have gotten in somewhere. But of course, tv always gets it wrong.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post

[/FONT] I do think that pink coat she wore was adorable.
Pretty sure I remember reading stories from long ago where everyone showed up and stood in line to receive an envelope. Some were blank or said you didn't get a bid. I'm positive I read it here.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
Pretty sure I remember reading stories from long ago where everyone showed up and stood in line to receive an envelope. Some were blank or said you didn't get a bid. I'm positive I read it here.
Was that from a rush story written by someone here who was later banned?

The closest situation I recall had three sororities, individual bids in three separate color envelopes (one color used per group), and rushees able to view all the envelopes at one time as individually opening their bid in a room with all other rushees. One group only gave a third as many bids. Some rushees who wanted to join the group their friend had just bid received an envelope NOT of her friend's color, so they would not open it to join that different group. Oh, it was hideous.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

So my brother and sister love the show and my sister is a part of an NPHC sorority. So she just watched it and made me explain to her the whole recruitment process. She told me Sue and her friend didn't get a bid and I had to tell her while it can happen it's super rare that someone will go through the entire process and not get a bid come bid day.

Also in terms of invites saying Bid or no Bid, while I was a recruitment counselor this past semester we had to call our women that didn't receive a bid so they wouldn't come to bid day and end up being upset as to that they didn't get it.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm still disappointed.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Was that from a rush story written by someone here who was later banned?
No, I think it was a TIME magazine spread or something. I can see the pictures in my head. Black and white photos, girls standing in line to pick up their bids...

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like "The Middle", but have only seen episodes here and there; I don't watch it regularly.

What happened to the character who played Sue's flamboyant guy friend? Is he not at the same college?

I did wonder what happens to PNMs who don't receive a bid. So that means if you don't get a phone call before the Bid Day reveal, you're automatically in, huh?
Old 01-22-2016, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

In real life, yes. At least as far as I know, if you do not receive a call between preference and bid day saying that you've been released, you have a bid somewhere. However, it could be your 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice, for the campuses that have that many groups
Old 01-22-2016, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWguy View Post
What happened to the character who played Sue's flamboyant guy friend? Is he not at the same college?
Brad does not go to Sue's college. In an episode last year, he said he got in to NYU (I think it was) but was going to take a year off to do Americorps or something. He has been in a couple of episodes this season. In one, he came out to Sue. Sort of. He started to tell her, and she said "I know." It was very sweet.