GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,298
2 members and 1,296 guests
acg233, naraht

Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm looking for stitched letters for different organizations... no bulk.

My closest friends and I are all in different Greek organizations. All of our birthdays are in the summer so I wanted to get us stitched letter tank tops that match in pattern/stitching/whatever/color.

What's a good web site to look for these? I've been finding ones that want me to order in bulk of the same exact organization. I have 5 different shirts I wanna order -- three sororities and two fraternities.

I have a store by my university that makes these but they run up to $70-120... I'm not sure if that's normal or not but having 5 of those would really break my bank. Is there anything I could look online just for more options? Thanks!

I'm new to Greek life so I am looking for some ways that don't break the bank for 5 pairs of letters. I have heard of girls getting them for $20 and they're really cute, so I want to check out online options but I keep finding ones that make it complicated to match for different orgs.

Last edited by cakecakecake; 04-07-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
My closest friends and I are all in different Greek organizations. All of our birthdays are in the summer so I wanted to get us stitched letter tank tops that match in pattern/stitching/whatever/color.

What's a good web site to look for these? I've been finding ones that want me to order in bulk of the same exact organization. I have 4 different shirts I wanna order -- three sororities and two fraternities.
Ok so if I am reading your post correctly you want same pattern for each of the different GLOs for you and your friends. I got a few block lettered shirts from Something Greek. They have a pretty wide selection of patterns and the prices are pretty reasonable as well.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Check etsy.com.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry, forgot the store name: laherds. She is licensed. I have a letter shirt from her that I like.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

im confused, do you want like customized letters? I used customgreekthreads

Old 04-07-2014, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Consider calling the man who runs http://www.collegiategreek.com/. He might be able to work out a deal with you, if the above options don't work out.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
I second whoever said somethinggreek.com. They are great to work with, and prices are very reasonable. When I was in college (around 15 years ago) I ordered a pair of letters from them, and I got a personal call from someone saying that the background I picked didn't match the print well when they went to assemble the letters and they offered different suggestions (it looked on the computer like the print was black based - but it was really navy). They didn't want to send out ugly letters, even though it was what I asked for. I have always been impressed, and they like to send coupons as well

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 04-08-2014, 06:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post

What's a good web site to look for these? I've been finding ones that want me to order in bulk of the same exact organization. I have 5 different shirts I wanna order -- three sororities and two fraternities.

I have a store by my university that makes these but they run up to $70-120... I'm not sure if that's normal or not but having 5 of those would really break my bank. Is there anything I could look online just for more options? Thanks!

I'm new to Greek life so I am looking for some ways that don't break the bank for 5 pairs of letters. I have heard of girls getting them for $20 and they're really cute, so I want to check out online options but I keep finding ones that make it complicated to match for different orgs.
Have you asked these girls who you say found items for $20?

And what makes things so "complicated" to match? Get white or grey shirts and find a colorful pattern and perhaps draw out/coordinate one of each org's colors for that particular shirt. For example, choose something with rainbow dots and for a Phi Mu friend, make the stitching Pink, or for an AXiD friend, use gold or blue.

You should be able to do this at any of the sites where stitched letters are sold. Prices will vary based on if you want a t-shirt, short or long-sleeved, a sweatshirt, a hoodie, etc. You can get a stitched letter t-shirt for less than $25 at most places.

Just pick the same color(s) of the garment, the letter pattern, and the stitching, if that's what you want to do. Is there an issue that I am not aware of? What choices are you making that put items in the $70-120 range? Of course, you can choose the items and extras with the highest costs, but it shouldn't be too cost prohibitive to get five t-shirts.

Last edited by ree-Xi; 04-08-2014 at 06:50 AM.