GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,074
0 members and 2,074 guests
No Members online

Old 03-15-2009, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

nice!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I know I am late, but wow.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Uh Oh.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity announces their new Executive Director

Former Communications Director will head the Nation's Oldest Fraternity

05.06.2009 – Baltimore, MD -- The nation’s oldest African-American Greek-lettered organization of collegiate men announced the appointment of its new Executive Director. Former Communications Director and, more recently, interim executive director, William Douglass Lyle officially took the position of Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. effective May 1st.

“As a member of an organization that is making our communities more vital, developing future leaders by guiding our young men from the Highchair through Higher Education, it is an honor to serve as the executive director at this juncture in our history,” says Lyle.

Currently, an active member of Delta Lambda Chapter, Lyle was initiated into Xi Chapter at Wilberforce University, in Wilberforce. Ohio.

Reporting directly to General President Herman “Skip” Mason, Jr., Lyle will manage the day-to-day operations as chief administrator and supervisor of the fraternity’s General Office headquartered in Baltimore, MD. The appointment was formally announced in the “First 100 Day” Report presented to the fraternity by Mason on May 4th.

“William Lyle brings the experience of working at the headquarters, relevant skills and forward prospective that this fraternity needs in this age of change and progress,” said Mason. “He represents the future vision and face of the fraternity and I am personally confident that Lyle will be a key asset in accomplishing our goals.”

For eight years, Lyle has held key positions within the General Office including managing the look, feel and messaging of the Fraternity as Director of Communications. He also directed the development and production of the fraternity’s publications and web-based content. Prior to his membership in Delta Lambda, Lyle was active in Xi Chapter serving as Corresponding Secretary, Vice President, President, and Assistant District Director. He has served as Advisor of Beta Alpha Chapter on the campus of Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD.

Lyle also has extensive community and civic involvement. For several years he has served as the ministry leader for the Children’s Ministry for Restoring Life International Church and has been an annual fundraiser supporter of the March of Dimes, one of the fraternity’s oldest and strongest community partnerships.

As Executive Director and Chief Operating Office, Lyle is charged with managing the Membership, Communications and Administration Departments; implementing all mandates and resolutions approved by the General Convention; serving as custodian of all official records of the fraternity including information on each member; secretary to the Board of Directors; and, key fundraiser for the fraternity in support of the General President and Board of Directors.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No charges.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And the beat goes on!
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Huger recognized for community service
By JOHN BOZZO
Staff Writer

DAYTONA BEACH -- Awards crowded into James Huger's living room tell the story of a lifetime of service and achievement.

The honors seem countless, such as ones from the Council on Aging for community service and the YMCA for leadership.

On July 16, he'll get another honor, the Alpha Award of Merit, the highest honor bestowed by the Alpha Phi Alpha national fraternity, of which he is a lifetime member and former general secretary.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

J.D. Davis gets choked up while speaking at a memorial service for Michael Motte on Friday night in the Grand Ballroom on SFA campus. Davis and Motte were both members of Alpha Phi Alpha. Motte, who graduated in May from SFA, died after being shot during a robbery on June 27.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

TAU Brother featured on essence.com

Bro. Judson T. Allen (Tau 01) featured in Essence magazine online article, Men Who Cook.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

The Brothers in Carbondale, IL. spread a little holiday cheer.

One Alpha.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Sprite Step Off

Brothers from Delta Xi chapter (Central State U.) win 1st place at Sprite Step off central/midwest regional competition and advance to the finals.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats to the ohio boys from delta xi!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

A return to Haiti on mission of mercy
Family fled to U.S. when he was 5; now he's back as Navy doctor

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - When Mill Etienne's family fled Haiti in 1981, he was just 5 years old, not much bigger than the broken little body now stretched before him on a gurney aboard the USNS Comfort. Growing up in suburban New York, Etienne had wanted to sever any connection to that violent, impoverished Caribbean nation. He sought a comfortable American life and cringed at the sound of his family's tropical lilt. He acted as if every book he devoured and every test he aced could help him forget the squalor. But when he turned on the TV the first night after Haiti's catastrophic earthquake, he knew almost instantly that, as a neurologist and one of the few in the Navy who speaks Creole, he not only had to be there, he wanted nothing more.

link

I sure hope i run into this single, eligible Alpha one day
Old 01-25-2010, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw Mill being interviewed on TV when he was being deployed. I'll see what I can do, tld.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I saw Mill being interviewed on TV when he was being deployed. I'll see what I can do, tld.
According to the article he lives in Harlem?? the Alpha house up here is like a 10 minute walk from my apt... lemme find out.

[/stalker bird tendencies]