GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,937
4 members and 1,933 guests
bbobbyusady4719, naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-25-2016, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

"Kappa Beta Gamma Alumnae" on a car's license plate holder. At least alumnae wasn't spelled alumni.

Be on the lookout for Kappa Beta Gamma symbols in the Orlando, FL area the first week of August 2016, as their Centennial Celebration will be in full swing!
Old 07-25-2016, 09:41 PM

I just started a new job last week. My first interview was an online interview with a fellow alumnus from MIT.

Another new hire just joined the company today. His manager sent out an email introducing him and mentioning that he, too, had gone to MIT.

So I checked out the new hire in our alumni directory. Turns out he's an alumnus of Phi Beta Epsilon, a local fraternity founded back in 1890. And he'd been referred by the man who did my first interview - who, guess what, is also a PBE.

All three of us also share the same major (CS), although I graduated *mumble* years before they matriculated. They overlapped by two years.

The PBEs I knew while I was in school were gentlemen one and all. It seems that has largely held true since then.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I had an Alpha Phi sighting at lunch today... LOL!! No idea where this guy got his fanny pack, or why he's wearing it out and about. He was with some other tattooed hipsters, so maybe he considers it "ironic".

Old 07-27-2016, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Socks and sandals and jorts. How unique. My grand father wears that while mowing the lawn.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Saw a woman in an Alpha Omicron Pi t-shirt while at an event for those into home brewing beer in Raleigh this past weekend.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

On the flight home from Europe, the girl I was sitting beside complimented my owl keychain. I told her it was one of my sorority symbols and a gift from my big- and it turned out she was a Chi Omega!

While on vacation, a girl working at an ice cream shop spotted my letters on my bag and said she was a Sigma Kappa!

On my first day at my summer job, I was talking to one of my new coworkers and mentioned my sorority, and found out she is an ADPi!

One of the coolest things about joining a sorority is getting not only so many wonderful sisters, but so many Panhellenic sisters all over the country and the world!
Old 10-04-2016, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

With the Vice Presidential Debate tonight, all the talking heads are at Longwood University.

The Alpha Delta Pi sisters surprised fellow ADPi Ainsley Erhardt from Fox & Friends this morning. Diamond throwing all around!
Old 11-01-2016, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

In front of me on my way to work this morning was an Alpha Xi Delta from Ohio State University. (Yes, I was excited but contained myself)

Go Buckeyes!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Another AXiD sighting today - on Chestnut St. in Philly walking to work, a girl was coming toward me wearing a light blue AXiD spirit jersey.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

On tv news tonight: Delta Sigma Theta letter shirt on woman seated behind (and to our left of) President Obama at today's Get Out The Vote rally.

While near the train station tonight: two young women commuters (returning from today's Cubs rally?) one of whom wore a Sigma Kappa lettered hoodie.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

ended up as double post, but its been several weeks so...

One can tell its finals week on the nearby campus as groups of women wearing hoodies from Pi Beta Phi, Alpha Omicron Pi and Phi Mu are at the library tonight.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

There was a guy with a Delta Sigma Phi visor on my flight into Indy, and one with a Delta Sig hoodie sitting in the food court at the airport. I wonder if they're having an event here this weekend, too.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

There are no greek letters as such to see but the USPS Forever Stamp released today honoring 2017's Black History Month is of Dorothy Height, former Delta Sigma Theta (DST) National Sorority President and civil rights matriarch. According to the DST website Dorothy was initiated in 1939 through Rho chapter of DST at Columbia University.

Several DST women have been featured on USPS stamps including Shirley Chisholm and Patricia Roberts Harris.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:40 PM

Saw an Alpha Sigma Alpha sticker in a car's rear window during my morning commute.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I've seen quite a few lately. Was behind a D Phi E alumna earlier this week and at my daughter's middle school, was behind a Kappa.