GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,441
0 members and 1,441 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2022, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
NPC Recruitment Rules Expert Needed

I need help with the NPC rules. If someone could please help. The college Panhellenic just told all chapters that they are not allowed to post anything on social media that say "Go XYZ" but that chapters can DM PNMs and tell them Go Greek, allow them to follow actives, and actives to follow PNMs too. They were told these are NPC rules now. Is this true? I couldn't find it and CPC wouldn't provide were this is started.

To me it's a major red flag for dirty rushing.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2022, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

I am not sure about the ban to prohibit a sorority saying “Go Us!” On their own social media pages, but I have read that they can contact PNMs in a Panhellenic fashion and encourage the PNMs to rush. The Green Book is online. Just google it to confirm.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

As of 2020 with everything going virtual, actives were able to contact PNMs directly but could not directly say "Go ABC!" but could have an overall conversation about greek life and their own experiences.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 08-17-2022, 11:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Don't know how helpful this is, but here is what the MOI has.

Per the NPC Manual of Information regarding Fully Structured Recruitment - statement on Marketing:

"Implementation of FSR style elements
• Marketing: The entire Panhellenic community should market the sorority experience year-round and promote the benefits of membership. The College Panhellenic and chapters shouldinteract with all unaffiliated women to help them become interested in the sorority experience in alignment with the Positive Panhellenic Contact – POLICY and Promotion of the Sorority
Experience – POLICY. These communications should be informative about the overall sorority experience and opportunities to join and answer questions of PNMs and parents/caregivers.During recruitment, the College Panhellenic should highlight the characteristics of each chapter in the Panhellenic community and provide information about all opportunities to join. Chapter
communication should be informative about the chapter/organization and also direct PNMs to College Panhellenic resources regarding recruitment information.

The Promotion of the Sorority Experience Policy states:
"Promotion of the Sorority Experience (2020) – POLICY
All sorority women including collegians, alumnae, College Panhellenics, Alumnae Panhellenics, inter/national organizations and the National Panhellenic Conference should actively promote the overall sorority experience and membership opportunities in organizations. This should be done through
all forms of communication (e.g., print, digital, in person) in the spirit of Panhellenic unity and desire to reach out to all women to share the opportunity for sorority membership. College and Alumnae
Panhellenic rules should not infringe on the rights of individuals, chapters and/or organizations in the content or forms of communication to promote the sorority experience.

The Positive Panhellenic Contact Policy states:
"Positive Panhellenic Contact (2003) – POLICY
All College Panhellenics and Alumnae Panhellenics will promote personal and informative Panhellenic-spirited contact with potential new members at all times, year-round.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Thanks everyone!

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again