GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,410
3 members and 1,407 guests
aangelasuasd942, janesstexxda745

Old 06-04-2000, 11:48 PM
OneLove

I actually had a friend who decided to pledge a sorority because she thought one of the girls she met in this particular sorority was "cool". So she went online and while she was online she decided that this particular sorority wasn't for her, she wanted to pledge another sorority REALLY BAD, but was way in to deep to change her mind(information in all). Well her sorors found out because she told a couple of people on campus that she really didnt want to pledge the sorority she was online for after the probate show. By that time both sororities didnt want her. Her new found sorors would not talk to her and wouldn't invite her to any of their trips, stepshows, etc. and she was so scared to wear her letters in fear that she would be stripped of them. To make a long story short, her sorors accepted her mistake and she is working hard in this sorority now to make things better. This was going on for a year but her sorors are cool now, or so they seem.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-06-2000, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH THEM, WE ALL MUST SEPARATE THE WEAK FROM THE STRONG, BUT IN THIS CASE IT IS JUST PLAIN GREED!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2000, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by prettygyrl:
[B]I am not greek although I am going to attempt it during the new school year. I also know that I have known my sorority of choice for over two years now.

Prettygyrl, it is good that you've done you're research on the greek org's at your school, but be careful - I went to my school for a year before pledging and thought I knew where I wanted to be. It turns out that I did a 180 and I chose and was chosen by a completely different organization! I'm glad you are setting your goals, but remember that it's not just what you want - they have to want you! I'm not trying to sound bad so please don't take offense...just wanted to let you know that God has a funny way of leading you down the right path when you least expect it!

This doesn't just happen in BGLO's - one of the org's on our campus pledged a girl all the way up to initiation, but the week of, when they processed her paperwork for membership, whoops - her SS# popped upon a sister list of another GLO not represented on campus!!! She has yet to show her face on campus again!!! She's probably in yet another organization somewhere using a fake # this time. Anyway its sad to see people do this and I hope that someone doesn't try this with my group!
Old 06-10-2000, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

It turns out that I did a 180 and I chose and was chosen by a completely different organization!

I guess I worded that wrong...what I meant was that I ended up choosing (and also being chosen by) another org! I didn't want that to sound like I put down ABC and XYZ chose me. Rather that while I thought I had wanted to be an ABC I ended up going XYZ! I'm so confusing sometimes
Old 06-11-2000, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Thanks Panda Bear! I appreciate your comments!
Old 06-11-2000, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Your acquaitance needs to be expelled from both organizations. She had to lie to become a Delta because the questionnaire asks if you are a member of another NPHC organization OR if you ever pledged another NPHC org. Worst, she has broken her sacred vows to Zeta. She belongs to neither in my book.
I am a diehard AKA my mom is Zeta and most of my family is either Zeta or Delta, should they be allowed to switch so we can keep it in the family. I think not.
You can't try before you buy, then return it because it was not to your liking.
Prospectives need to choose carefully and wisely, this is a lifelong committment not a collegiate activity.
Old 06-11-2000, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Ladies,
personally, I've always been one to check on my interests. When I was an undergrad, I had a solid rapport with the AKAs, Deltas and SGRhos on my campus and we would keep an eye out for such activity. If someone feels that they have joined the wrong sisterhood for them, they should either try to make the best of it and turn things around for the betterment of the organization or submit a letter of resignation (a turning in of the letters, if you will). I've always had the type of attitude, whereas, if something isn't going your way, don't sit on your tail and complain about it, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
In any event, anyone who tries to get over and become a member of two Sororities, simultaneously should be shot! Seriously, they should be expelled from both organizations and her photo should be sent to all of Pan-Hel..so that she'll be black-balled for life.
Old 06-12-2000, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Let's say that you submit an application for ABC, but the line was dropped due to discrepancies within the chapter and all packets were returned. You feel there's another organization that appeal to you more than the first, XYZ. Is it possible that you can apply to XYZ since you never really undergone a process with ABC? I have heard about many people who have done this.
Old 06-14-2000, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

I am not affiliated with any NPHC org. but I was wondering what happens if someone was in for ex. Zeta Phi Beta at one school and transfered to a school were there was not a chapter of ZPB? Then could that person join another NPHC sorority like Alpha Kappa Alpha or Delta Sigma Theta?
I was just curious...
Old 06-14-2000, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

The NPHC Sororities are lifetime commitments and lifetime memberships. If a Zeta (or AKA, Delta, SGRho) attends a school where there is no chapter she could join a local Alumnae chapter, be a member at large or, if an interest for her organization is there, charter a new chapter.

[This message has been edited by 12dn94dst (edited June 14, 2000).]
Old 06-12-2003, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
About three years late with this one...But interesting!! I did know a girl in a NPC GLO that wanted to go NPHC after she transferred schools...Heh.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

EXPELLED???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPanther08 View Post
SKEEEEEEE WEEEEEEE to my Pretty in Pink Sorors!

I know of a situation where this happened. A young woman became a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and when she transferred to another school in a different state she became a member of zeta! When she was found out the chapter of AKA sent a photo of her stepping with AKA and both or the sororities kicked her out and had her expelled!

Anyone who would do this is just weak.

I don;t think that expulsion was called for. That is not something the school should play a part in. Kicking someone out of NPHC is one thing, but school??? RIDUCULOUS.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThinking View Post
I don;t think that expulsion was called for. That is not something the school should play a part in. Kicking someone out of NPHC is one thing, but school??? RIDUCULOUS.
I'm guessing she meant expelled from the sororities, not the school.

But we can't check that because the post is nine years old.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I'm guessing she meant expelled from the sororities, not the school.

But we can't check that because the post is nine years old.
Hehe, seriously, what up with people bumping old threads?
Old 06-22-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Hehe, seriously, what up with people bumping old threads?
JustThinking....isn't.