GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,097
3 members and 1,094 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, indygphib

Old 08-13-2007, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Big 12 Recruitments

My daughter and my niece both begin recruitment today- They are on different sides of the process at different campuses. Best of luck to all the sororities and pnms at Iowa State and Mizzou-- (I can hear a burst of excitement and an indrawn breath of awe as the doors are opened from the houses for the first parties!!!)
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but AXO at ISU had a fire upstairs last night. According to the news, another greek house hosted them for the evening and recruitment should go on as scheduled. Thankfully no one was hurt!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh- how scary; so glad everyone is fine! Great place to post- do you know which house is hosting them? A special prayer for the AXOs at ISU!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Yippee for Big XII Recruitment! (i'm such a fossil that it was the Big 8 when I was going to football games...and it's still hard for me to name the additional 4)

Bid Day for OSU was August 11th, and OU is tomorrow. Any Sooner Recruitment stories out there?

Best of luck to all involved at Mizzou and Iowa State--let us know how your family members are faring oldrusheenowmom (love your name). Wow, sorry to hear about the AXO house, but thankfully no one hurt.

Any word on Kansas, Nebraska, KState? Do they have fall recruitment?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Nebraska is later in August-- my daughter has some high school friends who are Pi Phis there-- Katmandu, I am so bad that I don't consider those other 4 TRUE members
Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Nebraska's starts in a week - the girls move back in this weekend. My dd said that last she knew, there were more girls going through this year than last - when I asked it was maybe 700 plus??? Maybe there was 500 some last year? I think. (She is a RG this time and glad she doesn't have to sing. Which is a good thing - she can't sing! ) Someone correct me if I am wrong. They have a housing crunch at UNL again - good to get more freshman but then they have to house them somewhere until people start dropping out!

I have one more rec here on my desk to send in and in our little county I think there are 4 going through - which is good for a rural county where most of the kids go to smaller schools or community colleges.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm with you, Oldrusheenowmom.

OldAOPi, those are some great numbers for UNL... When I was halfway through college, my parents were transfered to Omaha, so I spent summers and breaks in Cornhusker country. There are some seriously dedicated fans there! I learned the fight song out of self defense at my summer job, then taught it to our chapter so that when we hosted the Nebraska chapter on a football road trip, we could serenade our northern sisters with, "There is no place like Nebraska...." They loved it!

Hope all the girls from your home town find their homes at that great school.

And Mizzou... Columbia is such a great place to go to school. I think some of the most beautiful campuses in the country are in Big 8 land. (Kansas for instance), and I hope you all keep us updated on how everything goes in the next few weeks!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I took my daughter on a college visit to Nebraska in February and we have a picture of her in front of the Kappa house! Sadly, she decided not to go there since she got in to her first choice....so we're working on our boys! We're taking them to Wake Forest to see the Huskers and we're going back for Homecoming, too!

I'm pretty sure I've stayed in every Kappa house in the Big 8...fun times!

I've lived in the South for over 20 years, but sometimes I really miss the midwest. And then, when it's 60 in December....I don't!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

The University of Kansas began yesterday, and Bid Day is on the 18th. Kansas State began on the 11th, and Bid Day is on the 16th. I will keep you posted!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful_Bubbles View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but AXO at ISU had a fire upstairs last night. According to the news, another greek house hosted them for the evening and recruitment should go on as scheduled. Thankfully no one was hurt!

Oh no! Isn't this the house that had tornado damage a year or so ago, too?

T & P's to the chapter!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

My son has 3 good friends who are rushing this week at OU. I won't hear all the details, but will let ya'll know what they pledged at the end of the week.

They are all cute girls, so hopefully, they are having a good rush
Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUBlue&Blue View Post
I took my daughter on a college visit to Nebraska in February and we have a picture of her in front of the Kappa house! Sadly, she decided not to go there since she got in to her first choice....so we're working on our boys! We're taking them to Wake Forest to see the Huskers and we're going back for Homecoming, too!

I'm pretty sure I've stayed in every Kappa house in the Big 8...fun times!

I've lived in the South for over 20 years, but sometimes I really miss the midwest. And then, when it's 60 in December....I don't!
BLUE - one of the recs I am writing is for a girl who is a mom / gma leg to Kappa. My dd has a lot of friends in that house! She should be here now, it is PLENTY hot and humid. Don't have all those pretty flowers that the Macon Magnolia thread was all about though - more like marigolds, pansies and zinnias.

And KAT - it's almost football season here, so it's all about Big Red. Front page of the sports daily from here on out. Had to laugh - was at the Iowa State Fair yesterday and picked up the Des Moines Sunday paper - nothing about college football in their sports section. We are an obsessed bunch!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Katmandu,
On another thread there was a report from Oklahoma State. All NPC sororities there made quota! Congratulations to the chapters and to Panhellenic there.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Nebraska doesn't use a quota system. And they don't plan to (I asked that question when we went on our Red Letter Day visit). Pledge class size is tied to total, I believe. It's worked for 125 years, so why mess with it! (absolutely a midwestern mentality! )

They still have summer fraternity rush and pledges can move into the houses on the first day of school if there's room.

Since I really didn't pay much attention to greek affairs until my daughter went to college two years ago, I had no idea that there was any other way!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melongirl View Post
Oh no! Isn't this the house that had tornado damage a year or so ago, too?

T & P's to the chapter!
That was the AXO house at the University of Iowa in Iowa City (Big 10)--