GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,827
Threads: 114,780
Welcome to our newest member, Arlena
» Online Users: 446
6 members and 440 guests
gwenstacy, irishpipes, VioletsAreBlue

Old 12-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

I don't know what the hell is wrong with my dog. He's had a mosquito bite on his chest for the longest. It's gotten bigger, because he keeps rubbing it on the ground trying to scratch it. Going out to look for some kind of anti itching cream.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
If these "apparently Arabs" were Palestinian, then they can't "go home from whence they came." Not all anti-Israel sentiments are senseless.
Palestinian or Arab, I stand by my opinion. I will respectfully agree to disagree with you.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
angelina didnt take him. He just didnt want Jennifer anymore. The guy has to want to leave.

I am leaving here to go back to my bed, shortly.
What am I having for dinner? hmmm
That was seriously uncool (funniest Jennifer Anniston quote of the year).
Old 12-31-2008, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
angelina didnt take him. He just didnt want Jennifer anymore. The guy has to want to leave.
"You can't steal a man unless he wants to get got." ~ MommyCG

I don't WANNA GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-31-2008, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

So, Revolutionary Road is on limited release, and I saw it tonight. First of all, I'd never heard of it but my besties (I'm trying that phrase on) are saying its all the rage, and come on, its Leo Dicaprio, right? I really didn't want to see it based on knowing nothing about it, and the fact that movies are 12 dollars.

The movie is kinda dark yall. Indie-flick-like. Kinda had an "American Beauty" feel-another "weird ish goes down in the suburbs" movie. And the last 10 minutes grossed me out. I usually have an iron-cast stomach, and a sense of humor, but aside from crazy guy, I wasn't amused by the movie. I left grossed out, a little bothered, and definitely depressed. I kinda can't fall asleep. And I rarely cry at movies, but this one definitely had me teary-eyed. Out of it being depressing, not out of sadness or joy.

Kate Winslet, I will say, did play that role well. I think any actress couldve played it, but she did it justice. I wasn't even checking for Leo by the end.

It's so not like Titanic. But there is a similar "let's do it in the car with a hand against the window" scene, for what it's worth.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I miss my mom, but it's good to be back.

I'm totally not looking forward to driving back to my apartment in the morning though. I left the heat off the whole time I was gone.
"Understanding is the fountain of life to those who have it" -Proverbs 16:22
"You couldn't make a more incorrect statement if you spent a week trying" -TonyB06
Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I know and I agree, but I still think Angelina was way out of line for doing what she did. That was so wrong. What goes around comes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Double Stuff Oreo's are yummmmmmmmmmy
The holiday Oreos are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
I don't know what the hell is wrong with my dog. He's had a mosquito bite on his chest for the longest. It's gotten bigger, because he keeps rubbing it on the ground trying to scratch it. Going out to look for some kind of anti itching cream.
Zephyrus, I know you might think I'm kidding, ya know, with this being greekchat and all. But based on your post that doesn't sound like a mosquito bite. I'm just curious, how big has it gotten? Also, push on it a little. Does it feel firm or kind of soft? Look under your dogs fur and see what it looks like. Does it have a small hole in the center of the "mosquito bite?" If it does, that is not a bite of any kind at all. If it has a hole in the center or slightly off, don't touch it anymore, at all. Call your vet. Seriously. More likely than not, it's a warble.
"Understanding is the fountain of life to those who have it" -Proverbs 16:22
"You couldn't make a more incorrect statement if you spent a week trying" -TonyB06
Old 12-31-2008, 06:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I've seriously printed a copy of the following, and will be leaving it in my next door neighbors mailbox. This isht is getting old:

31 December 2008

Dear Neighbors,
Hello and welcome to the neighborhood! I hesitate to write this, because I don’t want to start any problems – but I need to ask you to please do something about your alarm clock. For over a month now, your alarm clock has consistently wakened me up, prior to my own alarm clock going off. I was hoping the problem would go away which is why I never said anything before. I understand that some people don’t wake up right away to their alarm clock. Unfortunately for me, I’m a light sleeper, and on multiple occasions, your alarm clock has gone off for 30 minutes or more, and I can’t get the last few minutes of sleep that I would like prior to beginning my day. Thank you for your consideration, and have a happy new year!

Sincerely,
amanda6035
Apt #37

I dont know what else to do. I've never met them. Have no idea what they look like. They moved in about a month or so after we moved in and if I didnt know better, I would think they are military, on deployment, and left their stinkin alarm clock set before they left, so it goes off every day for the 2 hour max and then resets itself. Craaaaap. I hope they wont be jersk about my letter. I tried to be as nice as possible while still getting the point across. *sigh*
Old 12-31-2008, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Uhhhh...thank you?

The saddest part is they've been together less than a year and have gone through aaaalll that. And the drama continued this week.
That was a compliment. If you've seen Steel Magnolias, you'll know what I'm talking about with the "love you more than my luggage" comment.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

A couple of more days to go, and I'll be chillin' like a villain at home. My sister went home for the holidays, but she's gone back and my brother stayed at his own home with his wife and son for the holidays. That means it will just be me, my mom, and my dad. I talked to my mom last night and she said "Baby I can't wait until you get home. Your chitlins are almost clean." Then my dad got on the phone and said "Your Godmother made you your own sweet potato pie, but your mother and sister ate it."

That's cool. They did that to me last year. I told my Godmother about it, and before I left to come back here, she made me 3 of my very own individual bite size sweet potato pies and a full size one...all for me.

Again....damn it's good to be the baby of the family.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Old 12-31-2008, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Zephyrus, I know you might think I'm kidding, ya know, with this being greekchat and all. But based on your post that doesn't sound like a mosquito bite. I'm just curious, how big has it gotten? Also, push on it a little. Does it feel firm or kind of soft? Look under your dogs fur and see what it looks like. Does it have a small hole in the center of the "mosquito bite?" If it does, that is not a bite of any kind at all. If it has a hole in the center or slightly off, don't touch it anymore, at all. Call your vet. Seriously. More likely than not, it's a warble.

To zephyrus. I used to have a dog and cheers gave me advice on his illness. I listened to her, and was cool with it at first. The next morning I woke up, that joker was layin' in the middle of the living room floor, dead.

There's a thread on it. I would tell you where to look but the mods deleted it.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_sunshine View Post
Dearest "Dead Weight":

You borrowed the iPod you gave to me to transfer music to your homie's cpu. I called your Black azz to return it and my USB adapter to me and you didn't return my phone calls. Then your hoodrat baby momma calls me on 3-way with one of her hoodrat friends asking me if I'm still messing with you, and her friend saying they're gonna kick my ass. Now hear this, you triflin' McJackass: Either you return my $#!+, or give me $100 for the CD player I let you borrow that you said I was dead on (meaning he wasn't giving it back)- hence leading you to give me said iPod- and the money I paid out of pocket to fix the headphone jack on the iPod. Either way, MAN UP and get at me about my stuff, nucca!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Me
*UPDATE*

This dead weight STILL hasn't returned my iPod and adapter to me, nor has he paid me the money for the headphone jack I fixed on said iPod and the CD player he won't return. Then he called me back saying I was phuckin' buggin' and going crazy, and had the nerve to mention the jewelry he was gonna get for me that he can't get outta hock. Nucca, nobody told your stubborn Jacques-azz to put a ring on layaway that cost like $1500. So, if that's a problem, allow me to offer a solution: Gimme the dayum receipt for the ring and I'll pay it off my dayum self. And about the iPod, if I don't get it back before midnight tonight, you and your friend can take turns shoving the iPod up your azzes and crapping it out sideways because

I.AM.OFFICIALLY.DONE.WITH.Y'ALL.NUCCAS!!!!!!!!!
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 12-31-2008, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
*UPDATE*

This dead weight STILL hasn't returned my iPod and adapter to me, nor has he paid me the money for the headphone jack I fixed on said iPod and the CD player he won't return. Then he called me back saying I was phuckin' buggin' and going crazy, and had the nerve to mention the jewelry he was gonna get for me that he can't get outta hock. Nucca, nobody told your stubborn Jacques-azz to put a ring on layaway that cost like $1500. So, if that's a problem, allow me to offer a solution: Gimme the dayum receipt for the ring and I'll pay it off my dayum self. And about the iPod, if I don't get it back before midnight tonight, you and your friend can take turns shoving the iPod up your azzes and crapping it out sideways because

I.AM.OFFICIALLY.DONE.WITH.Y'ALL.NUCCAS!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
A couple of more days to go, and I'll be chillin' like a villain at home. My sister went home for the holidays, but she's gone back and my brother stayed at his own home with his wife and son for the holidays. That means it will just be me, my mom, and my dad. I talked to my mom last night and she said "Baby I can't wait until you get home. Your chitlins are almost clean." Then my dad got on the phone and said "Your Godmother made you your own sweet potato pie, but your mother and sister ate it."

That's cool. They did that to me last year. I told my Godmother about it, and before I left to come back here, she made me 3 of my very own individual bite size sweet potato pies and a full size one...all for me.

Again....damn it's good to be the baby of the family.
I wish I had a godmother like that. Heck, I wish I had a godmother PERIOD!!! I LOVES me some sweet potato pie!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I wish I had a godmother like that. Heck, I wish I had a godmother PERIOD!!! I LOVES me some sweet potato pie!!!!!
Do you like chitlins?