GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 897
2 members and 895 guests
indygphib

Old 02-21-2005, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Anyone apply to FSU law?

I sent my application on 1/31 and it was marked complete and ready to 'process' today. I see on lawschoolnumbers.com that a lot of people here back from FSU just 1-2 weeks after their application is complete and I was wondering, does anyone know what I can expect? I've applied to 7 schools and it'd be nice to get my first accepted!
Old 02-22-2005, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I had my application in and complete by the end of OCTOBER, and just got a letter 2 weeks ago. I thought they had a rolling admission, but maybe not, and you will get yours soon. Good luck!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

i'm guessing that it totally depends on where you fall in the applicant pool, especially if the school has rolling admissions.

Usually there's 3 piles- immediate acceptances, immediate rejections, and we need to think about this person more. They usually have a grid type thing and if your LSAT/GPA combo falls in a certain area, they'll admit you, don't really need to discuss you unless there's something very strange about your application. If your combo score is in the we-don't-think-so pile, unless something is very outstanding or unique- essay, recs, you'd probably get rejected. I don't know if there's as many immediate rejections. Then there's the we need to talk about you more/think about you more pile... which also is dependent on how the other applications that roll in are. Being that you applied sorta late (not that that's that bad of a thing... i didn' t apply to my school until January), you might get a quicker response because they already know what the applicant pool is like.

But a one or two week turn around time would be fairly unusual unless you definitely fell into their yes list. I did get a very quick response from my school, I think around 2, 2 1/2 weeks, but I know I fell into the yes pile for various reasons.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

GO NOLES!!! I'm a proud alum of FSU and I can tell you will love it here. I have a good friend who's in his second year. There's actually someone else greekchat who's in her first year at FSU law. Many people talk about Florida maybe having a better law school than FSU but year after year, our passing rate for the FL Bar is much higher than UF's. Go figure!
Old 02-23-2005, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NUPE4LIFE
GO NOLES!!! I'm a proud alum of FSU and I can tell you will love it here. I have a good friend who's in his second year. There's actually someone else greekchat who's in her first year at FSU law. Many people talk about Florida maybe having a better law school than FSU but year after year, our passing rate for the FL Bar is much higher than UF's. Go figure!
I don't know if this post makes me more excited to go to FSU or more depressed 'cause I might be rejected. Hey, I should've had you write a LOR

It's been a week since they marked my application 'ready to process.' If I hear something within another week I'll be happy. Especially if it's an accept!