GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,405
2 members and 1,403 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Misc Info for Members and New Members

Frequently Asked Questions for Members and PNM's

How do I contact International Headquarters (IH)?
IH may be contacted at (303) 399-1874. Be sure to change your address if you move!

Where is the Gamma Phi Beta website?
www.gammaphibeta.org

How do I find out if there is a Gamma Phi Beta chapter at the college I am thinking of attending?
Go to the Gamma Phi Beta website (listed above) and there will be a list of active Gamma Phi Beta collegiate chapters by state. You may also PM a moderator and ask her.

I am going through recruitment this coming semester and I really want to be a Gamma Phi, how do I get in?
Go through recruitment with an open mind and don't go into it wanting to be in only one or two of the houses on your campus. You will have a lot more fun and it will be a lot less stressful. Just be yourself, relax and have fun. If you are meant to be in a sorority, it will all work out.

Learn everything that you can about the sororities on your campus, they are not just about partying and getting drunk. Sororities do a significant amount of community service over the year and scholarship is incredibly important. Check with the Greek Life Office at your school to determine all of teh requirements for going through recruitment (usually a minimum GPA). They can also give you pointers on what to wear and things like that.

If possible, get recommendations from alumnae that you know. They do not guarantee you a spot in the house, but they will help you stand out a little bit more than the next woman. If you do not know any Gamma Phi's in your area, contact one of the women here on Greekchat and we can put you in touch with a woman in your area who may be able to meet with you and write a recommendation for you.

Where can I find out the most up to date information on the number of collegiate and alumnae chapters Gamma Phi Beta has?
Contact IH at the phone number listed above and ask for the Member Services Department.

I'm a new alumna. How do I get involved with an alumnae chapter?
The Gamma Phi Beta website has a list of all of the alumnae chapters by state with all of the contact information. If that doesn't work, you can also contact the Member Services Department at IH.

Where can I find the Gamma Phi Beta Bylaws and Rules and Procedures?
Copies of the Bylaws as well as the most up to date version of the Rules and Procedures can be found in the "Members Only" section of the Gamma Phi Beta website. In addition, all necessary forms can also be found in this section.

I am a newly initiated member. How can I get my member number?
Contact International Headquarters at the number listed above and ask for Member Services.

I'm going through recruitment, do I need a recommendation to join Gamma Phi Beta?
Recommendations are not required to join Gamma Phi Beta, HOWEVER, they are highly recommended. Recruitment is VERY competitive at some schools and the recommendation will help you stand out. Please contact any Gamma Phi Beta on Greek Chat for assistance.

I'm worried that I will be hazed if I join a sorority, does Gamma Phi Beta haze?
Gamma Phi Beta does not and should not haze. A Gamma Phi Beta chapter who is hazing should be reported to our International Headquarters - we do not haze and we are not supposed to haze! The new member period should be a fun way to bond with the girls who will become your sisters and learn information and history about the sorority that will make initiation more special for you.

Should you choose and be chosen to join you will receive a phone number to our anti-hazing hotline. If anything happens that you ever feel uncomfortable with, you should discuss that with the New Member Educator and Vice President of Membership Education, but should you not feel comfortable with that, call the hotline.

What is Gamma Phi Beta's policy on discrimination?
Gamma Phi Beta has the following Position Statement regarding Discrimination:

There shall be no membership discrimination based upon factors such as individual race, color, national origin, religion, disability or age in any chapter of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority.

What is Gamma Phi Beta's International Philanthropy?
At the 2002 Convention, the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority delegates voted to establish a collaborative relationship with Camp Fire USA as a major new element of our camping philanthropy.

Where can I get Gamma Phi Beta jewelry?
You have to order badges through International Headquarters. Iif you are wanting some other Gamma Phi Beta jewelry, here's our official jeweler http://www.mastersofdesign.com/legacy.html

Last edited by SmartBlondeGPhB; 12-22-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Closed Thread