GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,414
2 members and 1,412 guests
flamboyanttree, Kevin
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

PS: This is why I don't like politics infiltrating a thread, 'sister' greetings or not. Sorry. Used the pill for eons until it disagreed with my system. Don't be a lemming.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
So all of those methods of birth control are invalid?
Never said they were. But your point about abortifacients has not been proven as true. I can say and believe a lot of things but that doesn't make them true. If it's true then prove it. If it's not then be more clear.

I wouldn't think that's reason enough to restrict someone else's freedom but you might.

Quote:
PS: This is why I don't like politics infiltrating a thread, 'sister' greetings or not. Sorry. Used the pill for eons until it disagreed with my system. Don't be a lemming.
Then why perpetuate it? You didn't have to post a response.

FYI I am not a lemming. I just tried to soften the blow instead of flat out saying you're wrong.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Can we get back to arrows, anchors, pandas, giraffes, sailboats, etc?
Old 07-09-2015, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Jamberry has come out with a new line of sorority nails... not all fo the NPC's, but several groups represented:

Jamberry Sorority Collection
I had to make my own SK set. I did lavender chevrons with a maroon heart on one wrap in the set.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

That was my point but we got directed elsewhere. And to Sunshine, I didn't make the thread political. I only pointed out fallacies. Someone else headed us down that rabbit hole.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiWantstoTravel View Post
Can we get back to arrows, anchors, pandas, giraffes, sailboats, etc?
Yeah, let's.

About quatrefoils - I've been meaning to make a tote bag for my favorite phi mu. And I've been sharing crazy beautiful arrow quilts and fabrics with carnation. Rose fabrics abound, and so do iris - and any of a number of other florals. I'm a fabric addict.

Pandas, unfortunately, tend to be very childish/cartoon-like (unless Lilly Pulitzer does them and then they are just frightening). Sorry to all my AOII Panhellenic sisters.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

LP pandas WERE frightening!
Old 07-09-2015, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know if Alex and Ani charms can be engraved? My BFF is a Phi Mu but we were Rho Chis together. Would love to know before Heading to the jewelry store.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Does anyone know if Alex and Ani charms can be engraved? My BFF is a Phi Mu but we were Rho Chis together. Would love to know before Heading to the jewelry store.
I would assume anything could be engraved, but the engraving would likely cost more than an Alex and Ani bracelet.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 07-09-2015, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Grr. Her birthday is next week and hoped to have a PX engraved on the otherside. Oh well. Even if it's pricey, I'm sure she'll appreciate the bracelet regardless even sans the PX. She's awesome. My sistah from another... Er NPC?
Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
That was my point but we got directed elsewhere. And to Sunshine, I didn't make the thread political. I only pointed out fallacies. Someone else headed us down that rabbit hole.
You 1) argued against my claim that birth control pills were banned when I made no such claim -- straw man fallacy,

2) backed up your position by linking a site created by Hobby Lobby -- attribution fallacy,

and 3) claimed you hate getting political as you were getting political -- moral high ground fallacy
Old 07-10-2015, 12:33 AM

Perks of being a Sigma Kappa - Every February 15th loads of hearts and doves stuff on sale!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Grr. Her birthday is next week and hoped to have a PX engraved on the otherside. Oh well. Even if it's pricey, I'm sure she'll appreciate the bracelet regardless even sans the PX. She's awesome. My sistah from another... Er NPC?

I have lots of those kinds of sisters. I love them just bunches!

Suggestion: does she collect charms? ComradesTrue got me started on James Avery charms and bracelets, and I have quite a collection of Theta-related charms (even have a James Avery kite). Because if she (your friend) does, maybe you could get a sterling silver disc engraved with the greek letters you want?

As for doves, I pointed out sterling dove jewelry on Zulily a while back to sigmagirl2000; pretty sure she ordered something but I keep forgetting to ask her. I have summer brain.

This summer I am making one of a kind Theta holiday ornaments. Last year I participated in a Theta holiday ornament exchange which was so much fun. I can't say much about what I'm making b/c of all the Thetas on GC, some of them will be getting my handiwork. If my fingers ever recover, that is. (#grumpyface)*

If I could have a mascot just for my own life, I would want a small dragon that breathed fire on command. He would perch on my shoulder and he'd be a mind reader so he'd blast people randomly. That would be pretty awesome. But that would conflict with my other side that is peaceful and mindful and compassionate and extends loving kindness to all (except for those that throw me under the bus or annoy me, which is why I need the dragon).

*Watching Elmo on Jimmy Fallon/Tonight Show. Elmo has a twitter. I better go to sleep.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-10-2015, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post

As for doves, I pointed out sterling dove jewelry on Zulily a while back to sigmagirl2000; pretty sure she ordered something but I keep forgetting to ask her. I have summer brain.

Um, yes, I got the earrings and the necklace. Get compliments on them all the time. I'm pretty sure I sent you photos of them. Thanks again, AZTheta

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 07-10-2015, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Can I interest anyone in some toddler kite underwear? http://www.zulily.com/p/blue-flying-...arch_ref=image

Closed Thread