GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,544
2 members and 1,542 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 06-30-2008, 10:48 AM

Our Convention is next year in Tampa. I just got home from our Leadership Institute in Nashville and we had over 600 women attend.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

One delegate is chosen from each Kappa Sig chapter, but there are many more brothers, pledges and alumni who end up going. I think around 1000 went to the Las Vegas convention (we call it the Grand Conclave), but I don't know the numbers for the last couple.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaKittyCat View Post
The only time I went to convention it was as a non-voting delegate. Kappa does a very good job of having workshops for everyone, and all are expected to attend the business meeting portion, regardless of whether they can vote.

I had a blast.

As for numbers, I have no clue... 600-800?
I agree. Between business meetings, workshops, educational presentations, meals and fun stuff (Blue Owl boutique, etc..) there was always something to do. I can't wait until I can get to another Convention.

I think they were expecting around 1,000 this year in Phoenix, but I can't say for sure.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:41 PM

Does anyone put a post-convention summary up on their websites? I really enjoy seeing what the other groups do and where they go, especially if AOII is going to the same location soon.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I put a summary of ours in our forum here.

At our closing business meeting, there is always a "summary" slideshow/powerpoint. Our Headquarters put it on YouTube this year.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
Does anyone put a post-convention summary up on their websites? I really enjoy seeing what the other groups do and where they go, especially if AOII is going to the same location soon.
ASA's pre-convention summary has a link on their home page. It's not complete, but it will give you an idea.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I just heard that over 1,200 are registered for our 2010 Convention later this month in Orlando.

Each collegiate chapter sends the chapter President and Personnel Advisor and this Convention, the chapter Treasurer and Financial Advisor will attend. There are also special workshops for the chapter Vice Presidents, so most chapters are also sending that officer. Alumnae Chapter delegates and House Corporation Presidents along with volunteer staff (like me!) will round out the official delegates. Also, there are usually around 50 spouses who register too!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 PM

I'm fairly certain that every chapter sends their President and a CAB member. Alumnae chapter presidents will also attend. Delegates include all collegiate and alumnae chapter presidents, national officers, national volunteers, and paid staff.

This year our Convention will be preceded by our first ever CAB and Volunteer Summit, which is two day event specifically for our volunteers (at EVERY level --national, CAB, etc).

Lakers Nation.