GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 988
0 members and 988 guests
No Members online

Old 03-29-2002, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool My Spring Break...

My spring break starts NOW!!! At SDSU our spring break is March 29th, to April 7th. It's not your traditional week for spring break, but I have big plans.
I posted in other threads that I was going on a trip with my Fraternity. We are going to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico to stay in a beach compound owned by Jerry Nelson, a very generous alumni from the UCLA chapter of Phi Kappa Psi. Every spring break he invites Phi Psi's from all over the country to stay at his compound. He does workshops, and other brotherhood activities with the guys. The main purpose of the trip is so that you can meet brothers from all over the country and take what you have learned back to your chapter to strengthen it. From what I have heard it is your typical spring break trip: the beach, the clubs, the girls. However, we get to make it a Phi Psi experience and strengthen our brotherhood.
We are so fortunate to have this opportunity. We are allowed to stay in a beautiful beach-front compound in Cabo with maids, and cooks getting us whatever we want, and VIP to the best club in Cabo, "El Squid Row" (oh yeah, did I mention that he owns that too?!), big black suburbans waiting for us to take wherever we want, endless alcohol, etc. It is such a sweet deal.
I get kicked out of my dorm today at 4:00pm, so I have to stay at the house until we fly out on Sunday. I come back on Friday the 5th, but as soon as I land back in SD I have to hop onto another plane and fly home to nor-cal for the last part of break. So I guess I will have to wait to post all my stories from break until next weekend. Anyway, I'll be back on here as soon as I get back, I know I will have so much stuff to share.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2002, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Cabo....

Well, I flew back to SD today...my spring break is now over.
I can honestly say that this was the most fun I have ever had on a spring break. Cabo was so much fun. The compound we stayed at was unbelievable...the first day I keep waking around so overwhelmed with it I could only describe it as crazy!
The meetings we had every morning were so beneficial. Everyone has learned something from them, and it has strengthened our brotherhood. We had meetings ranging from leadership development- winners and losers, rush, interviewing for jobs, internal organization, and what our fraternity really portrays. We have learned so much, and gotten so many ideas that we are going to take the last 2 months of this semester by storm, and we plan on carrying it on into the future.
the night life in Cabo was fun too, since our break was later there wasn't too many college kids there. We did rule El Squid Row.... We had VIP every night with endless alcohol- I drank my share! There even was 2 signs in the club. One said "Phi Psi Rules," and the other said "Jerry Captain Morgan's Nelson, Ain't No Party Like A Phi Psi Party." Jerry Nelson is a Phi Psi from UCLA who owns the club, and the compound we stayed at.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

if anyone cares our website is under construction, but there are 40 pictures, plus a 180 degree picture form the trip on the sight. they look really good. check them out if you want.
Old 04-12-2002, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I went to Cancun last year and Acapulco this break with 20 of my sisters. But I'm interested in hearing more about Cabo San Lucas because I may want to go there next year. PM me sometime Josh. Thanks.