GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,347
0 members and 2,347 guests
No Members online

Old 03-02-2002, 11:10 AM

Question Rho Chis - where do you live?

Hey, this might be a silly question. If you are selected as a Rho Chi, you have to temporarily disaffiliate - so where do live for that time period? I mean, the PNM's would probably guess you were a XO if you walked into the XO house! If rush was before school, I'm assuming everyone could stay in a dorm, but if it's during school, what do you do?
Old 03-02-2002, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

All of the rho chi's as well as the PHC stayed in a hotel. It was so much fun
Old 03-02-2002, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I will be a Rho Chi this fall, and all 30 of us will be living, along with Panhel Exec, in a hotel near campus. Some of my friends at other schools, however, remain on their sorority halls or in their houses. I'm not really sure how that works... It'd be very difficult to maintain your 'disaffiliation' mindset living with your sisters. Not to mention your rushees could see you at any time! It's probably easier (if a little more expensive) for Panhellenic to put you up in a hotel.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

We don't have houses on my campus either. I am moving into an apartment over the summer with a sister and the president of another sorority. I have to disaffiliate for the entire summer, and during the whole month of August I am not allowed to talk to, or especially be seen with sisters in public. You can't really help if you live with sisters, but you have to think that older girls that are rushing will probably know who you are anyways, from school and stuff. The week of rush the RC's and Panhellenic Exec stay at a hotel.

Last edited by RCFall'02; 06-18-2002 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RCFall'02
For the month of August, we are supposed to disaffiliate, so I just can't wear letters, or go out with a bunch of my sisters.
Oh, wow, I'm jealous! We have a Disaffiliation Banquet in mid-April, and after then we have to take our letters off of our car, and can't wear our badge, lavalier, stitched letter jerseys, party t-shirts, key chains, flip flops, you name it. It's going to be difficult not wearing any sorority t-shirts all summer long - I don't know what in the world I'll wear when I oversleep and need to just throw something on. I think it'll be difficult but hopefully will keep Fall Recruitment very fair and unbiased for the Recruitment Counselors and potential members alike.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
I was living in an apartment with one of my sorority sisters when I was a Rho Chi and they didn't make me stay somewhere else, even though my parents live in town and I could have stayed with them. I guess that the girls could have put 2 and 2 together by reading the caller ID and seeing my sister's name and then meeting her in rush, but I seriously doubt it since you don't typically know the last names of girls who are rushing you when you are going through and my roommate had a very common name.

Anyway, one of the rho chis was still living at her house and she called her rho chi group from there and it showed Alpha Chi Omega on their caller ID!!!!!!! D'oh!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dzsaigirl
Anyway, one of the rho chis was still living at her house and she called her rho chi group from there and it showed Alpha Chi Omega on their caller ID!!!!!!! D'oh!!!!!!!!
ROFL!!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to aprilxo Send a message via Yahoo to aprilxo
hmmm... well, the rho chis here are put up in the dorm all together during rush week (which is at the end of freshman week). i think girls from the different sororities (well, we only have three) are put together as roommates, too... i guess that helps keep it all anonymous
Old 03-02-2002, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my God I just read my previous post and I am losing my mind I wrote phc meaning panhell conference...whoops I meant NPC. See what happens when you become an alumni....
Old 03-03-2002, 11:08 AM

Back in the day, when we had fall formal rush, Rho Chi's deaffiliated for the entire summer. Those of us who lived in the dorms just moved into our fall dorm rooms a few days before rush. Those of us who lived in sorority houses got temporary dorm rooms.

I had a huge box of sorority T-shirts, glasses from formals, composites, etc, taped up and stuffed in the corner of my room. Didn't quite realize how much stuff I had until I had to box it up, LOL

I hear my school is going to a deferred rush, though. Rho Chi's will be allowed to live in their sorority houses and go to closed events during fall term, but they can't wear letters or hang out with a lot of sisters. Once rush starts, I think any Rho Chi living in a house will get a temp room in the dorms.

LOL @ the poor Rho Chi whose affiliation showed up on caller ID! D'oh!
Old 03-05-2002, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

UH oh

Just remember rho chi is no longer an acceptable word, it is recruitment counselor. At my campus we will now be fined during fall rush if we use this word.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kristiAZD
I was a Rho Chi this past year. We got a new greek advisor and she couldn't believe we had never moved out before. We don't have houses, so it never seemed like a big deal. She urged us to move into one of the dorms the week of rush but it seemed poitless to some of us. About half moved out and half stayed. The PNM's aren't allowed down in our halls during formal rush anyway so there was no point to me moving out. Plus, I go to school on a small campus and everybody pretty much knew who everyone was or knew someone that could tell them. I never had to take anything down inside my room because the PNM's aren't allowed in our rooms either. The thing I really hated was that I was not alowed to wear Sig Ep letters either or be associated with being their sweetheart. A lot of the guys didn't understand this and were upset about it. It sucked! I loved being a Rho Chi, but I am definetely glad it's over.

The caller ID thing is funny.....we don't have caller ID at my school so I couldn't possibly relate! How crazy.

Also, we can still call ourselves Rho Chi's at my school....we don't have the pharmacy society on this tiny campus!