GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,542
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, bannetaestolzea
» Online Users: 2,074
0 members and 2,074 guests
No Members online

Old 04-22-2012, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'll do what I can to give you accurate info without going into private membership selection. I've logged in to the DDD site and am looking at a reference form so feel free to ask a question. If I can't answer it for confidentiality reasons, I'll just say so.

A few other comments...

Tri Delta HIGHLY values legacies, but we also have more coming through than we can extend bids to on many campuses. I pulled out an old pledge manual I have from the late seventies (before my time!) and it says only daughters and sisters are legacies in the definition area. So that has been the policy for some time. Step-sisters and step-mothers may also be included in that according to the reference form.

I would suspect that any chapter that had a potential fourth or fifth generation Tri Delta coming through recruitment would give her an extra long look and consideration. Now I'm not in the room during membership selection and I don't know what goes on at every school. But it is enough out of the ordinary that I would be surprised if you didn't get more than a regular second look. If you are going through recruitment in the north, I would think this would definitely be the case.

I feel like I can't publicly address your sister's situation without getting into private membership selection.

You don't need a reference form from every Tri Delta you know. As long as one official form is submitted, that is all you need. All of the other Tri Deltas can submit letters of recommendation or letters of introduction.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have a more specific question!

ETA: It is Tri Delta not tri-delt.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.

Last edited by TriDeltaSallie; 04-22-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Just go through with an open mind, be your best self and let the chips fall where they may. Ultimately, any group who picks you will be choosing YOU. It's very neat if it works out to be a legacy chapter for you -- either with your grandmother, etc. or your sister, et al. Heck, you might even select a third option and start your own tradition!

Whatever happens, promise us you will come back and tell us how it worked out. That's the least you can do for all of this good (free) advice!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone for the advice and kind words. I will be going through with an open mind, and I hope to be apart of the Greek community soon!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

will you come back and let us know how it goes? we would love to hear!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes! I will definitely post my recruitment story. I have read so many on here the past couple weeks (senioritis). So I look forward to sharing mine as well.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BidMe View Post
Yes! I will definitely post my recruitment story. I have read so many on here the past couple weeks (senioritis). So I look forward to sharing mine as well.
Haha, I know that feeling...there are so many good ones!

MelindaWarren aka Bellatrix Lestrange
Wanna follow me on Pinterest? PM me!
"It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."-Albus Dumbledore